By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tim Schafer Makes Racist Joke At GDC

Ka-pi96 said:
cheshirescat said:

Ugh, it should be against the law to not kick a person in their genitals should they use the term cis.

What does cis even mean?

That you aren't confused about your gender.

Around the Network

so whats the joke, i don't get it LO

HollyGamer said:

this is it: (what the thread is about):

as visual art becomes more and more complex.
whole teams are required assests for games, that historically could have been made by a single artist.
These days it could  take up to 8 people, to make a single peice of armor (in a game).

*pulls out sock puppet*

Puppet says... "uuuuh"
"teaseing high pitch voice" : How many gamergates does it take to make a single peice of armor?

tim: Oh gawd... I dont know.

puppet says: 50! 1 to do the modeling (of the item), 1 to do the materials, and 40!! to tweet, that is not your shield. (#thatisnotyourshield)

the joke is the hash-tag Notyourshield.

a shield is a armor peice.

Its a joke that brings attention to the issue of Notyourshield.

Which has something to do about minoritys that feel there arnt enough non-white game reviewers in the industry.

I still dont understand how this makes him a racist.

To me it looks like its oppersite. Hes pointing out that their right. There are to many white game reviewers.

My throughts on this? who cares really? what does race matter when reviewing a game?

Ka-pi96 said:
cheshirescat said:

That you aren't confused about your gender.

O....k....

Why does anyone care about that enough to make a word to refer to it?

Because before recently there really wasn't a need for a such a word and then the trannies got all huffy and wanted something to call the normies because they felt oppressed.

JRPGfan said:
HollyGamer said:

this is it: (what the thread is about):

as visual art becomes more and more complex.
whole teams are required assests for games, that historically could have been made by a single artist.
These days it could  take up to 8 people, to make a single peice of armor (in a game).

*pulls out sock puppet*

Puppet says... "uuuuh"
"teaseing high pitch voice" : How many gamergates does it take to make a single peice of armor?

tim: Oh gawd... I dont know.

puppet says: 50! 1 to do the modeling (of the item), 1 to do the materials, and 40!! to tweet, that is not your shield. (#thatisnotyourshield)

the joke is the hash-tag Notyourshield.

a shield is a armor peice.

Its a joke that brings attention to the issue of Notyourshield.

Which has something to do about minoritys that feel there arnt enough non-white game reviewers in the industry.

I still dont understand how this makes him a racist.

To me it looks like its oppersite. Hes pointing out that their right. There are to many white game reviewers.

My throughts on this? who cares really? what does race matter when reviewing a game?

yup agree with u.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Nettles said:

I'll link you to a whole new level of crazy.

The irony being that she is wearing a Dr Who shirt for the photo

http://www.xojane.com/entertainment/reading-challenge-stop-reading-white-straight-cis-male-authors-for-one-year

CIS? What's that? Thought that was like a now defunct communist orginisation in eastern Europe or something?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisgender

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

JRPGfan said:

Sorry I need my Game of Thrones (song of Ice &  fire) fix.

No problem, do you think the sixth book will be released the next year? The challenge is to do the restriction for one year. So no problem.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Incoherent and baseless accusation is incoherent and baseless.

Insidb said:
Incoherent and baseless accusation is incoherent and baseless.

^ this had me laughing :)

I gotta say that from what ive seen of Tim Schafer in the past, he doesnt strike me as a racist.

Dude seems genuinely warm and friendly, its not just a act with him. He comes off looking as innocent as santa claus.

Which is why this thread is getting looks.

People dont identify the title thread, with what they know of the person.

Spent 5 minutes reading all this and trying to understand.

This is 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Fuck this