By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think splatoon is just a shooter with colors?

It having color is great and stuff, but what really intrigues me is the squid mechanic. Blending in with the environment and moving faster through your own territory is genius.

I just wish more shooters would be more risky like this.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

It's a shooter that looks too young for the taste of many, myself included. However, given Nintendo aficionados love for all things colorful, the game seems  right up their alley. It's niche but I think it will find good success.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Skullwaker said:
It having color is great and stuff, but what really intrigues me is the squid mechanic. Blending in with the environment and moving faster through your own territory is genius.

I just wish more shooters would be more risky like this.

The whole game just seems to be full of novel solutions to common problems all wrapped into a logical universe. Its quite brilliant...and squids.

sundin13 said:
The whole game just seems to be full of novel solutions to common problems all wrapped into a logical universe. Its quite brilliant...and squids.

I'm just glad they made a new world rather than just slapping Mario on the cover. Wii U needs some fresh faces for people to remember it for.

The funny thing is, I was actually wondering why we didn't have a Mario paintball game just months before E3.  

Skullwaker said:
sundin13 said:

I'm just glad they made a new world rather than just slapping Mario on the cover. Wii U needs some fresh faces for people to remember it for.

The funny thing is, I was actually wondering why we didn't have a Mario paintball game just months before E3.  

Agreed. New characters always give a fresh look to the game..

If it was another Mario spinoff, I don't think they would be able to add some of the features presently shown in the game (turning into squids, swimming up walls, etc.)

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Has the hype for splatoon died down a little? there's been very little talk of it the past month or so.

Kerotan said:
Has the hype for splatoon died down a little? there's been very little talk of it the past month or so.

Not much new info recently. We only get occasional screens. Hype will intensify once we get a Splatoon Direct.

Kerotan said:

Hmm, hype is a fickle thing..

I think the main reason that it wasn't talked about was because of the other games coming out sooner (MM3D, MH4U, MP10, etc.) though

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Kerotan said:

There can only be so much talking about the same news

Kerotan said:

I guess some of us are just waiting for new info and for May to roll on closer before more threads are made for it. : )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread