By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metroid vs Resistance - Which is the better series?

Which is the better series?

Metroid 385 75.64%

Resistance 83 16.31%

See Results! 41 8.06%

Total:509
Paatar said:
Dr.Vita said:
I will go with Resistance, Insomniac Games did a very good job with this series.
Metroid is in my eyes totally overhyped, can't understand the hype for the series at this site.

You obviously hate it for the sole reason Nintendo made the franchise and you have obviously never played it. A better poll would be Metroid VS Halo... even then I think Metroid would win.

I have a Wii and I like the Wii! Why should I hate Nintendo? I just can't understand why they are so many people who like this series, when there is so much better series from Nintendo which should get more attention. And I played the a part of the trilogy on the Wii and know what I am talking about. Where am I hating? 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

It's unfair giving a game like Metroid a comparison with a game that gives me so much more value for my buck and fun. 

Says someonewho didn't know what a Metroid game was, other than its name a few posts ago. 

Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:

But thats your problem right there. If i told you get me the better racing game, and they were between Gran Turismo and God of War what would you get me? Oh Gran Turismo because its the only racing game of the 2. 

You keep saying multiplayer yet your missing the point of Metroid. Metroid isnt Halo. Thats were im and many others are getting at here.

I just keep hearing you say you want Game A over B because of multiplayer while Game B is a full on single player experiences.

If you love Multiplayer so much, Why not buy a WiiU and play SSBU? Its the only Fighting game where you can play up to 8 players in. And on 1 Console i'll add!!!

Because fighting games are boring as hell to me online and offline.  If you don't want my opinion on why I prefer resistance then ask the OP to make a like with like comparison.  It's unfair giving a game like Metroid a comparison with a game that gives me so much more value for my buck and fun. 

You want something over somethingis fine but you as do i have no right to judge this (and some others).

Your basically saying Every Muliplayer > Every Single player game, which we both know isnt true. How would you know Metroid doesn't give you more value for a buck than Resistance if you never played it?

Talking about Value, Metroid Prime Trilogy for $20 on eShop is a ridiculous great offer. It includes one of the most critically praised games of all time with 2 absolutely great sequels in it. 

All im saying is you cant say something off of biased, as why i haven't said Metroid > Resistance because i would be basically saying im biased...

Dr.Vita said:
Paatar said:

You obviously hate it for the sole reason Nintendo made the franchise and you have obviously never played it. A better poll would be Metroid VS Halo... even then I think Metroid would win.

I have a Wii and I like the Wii! Why should I hate Nintendo? I just can't understand why they are so many people who like this series, when there is so much better series from Nintendo which should get more attention. And I played the a part of the trilogy on the Wii and know what I am talking about. Where am I hating? 

Based on your previous posts, you are obviously biased towards Nintendo. Metroid is one of the best series that is critically acclaimed yet doesn't have a ton of sales. Yes, there are other series from Nintendo that should get more attention, but that are better then Metroid? Not neccesarily. That part comes down to personal taste.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Two completly different games

Around the Network

you cant be serious.

Dr.Vita said:
Paatar said:

I doubt you played all 3 Prime games.

And then there's still Metroid: Zero Mission, Metroid Fusion and Super Metroid.

Metroid.

Dr.Vita said:
I will go with Resistance, Insomniac Games did a very good job with this series.
Metroid is in my eyes totally overhyped, can't understand the hype for the series at this site.

Overhyped?  There is no way this can be true.  The first game created an entire genre.  The third game (Super Metroid) perfected that genre and according to many hasn't been bested.  The fourth game, Metroid Prime, again created another genre (First Person Adventure) which is what I think is making you make this unfounded comparison between the two.  That game spawned two sequels, both of which hold up to the original and push the limits of hardware thate shouldn't be capable of rendering with such fidelity.

Nintendo then released those three games in one package for the Wii, including much better controls. I'm currently in the process of playing all three as Nintendo just released them for the smoking deal of $19.99 (9.99 if you were lucky like many of us and purchased the trilogy in the first week).  Even now they hold up to the test of time, 13 years later.

Not to mention Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission for the Game Boy Advance.  Even Metroid Other M with its unfortunate failings at telling a compelling Metroid story delivered on gameplay in ways few games even begin to attempt.

So now...what were we talking about again?  Overhyped?  I'm not suggesting at all that Resistance isn't a great game or even a great series.  Certainly I've enjoyed Inwsomniac's work in the past.  Ratchet and Clank is one of my favorite 3D platformer series. But to suggest that one of the most iconic series, which by the way has abysmal sales considering the pedigree of the titles, is overhyped is unfounded.  It almost seems like there is some contempt in this thread for the games...which I don't understand at all.  Basically, what did they ever do to you?  Or perhaps more pointedly, what did the fanbase of these games do to you, since that is where the hype would come from?

I loved the hell out of R2 & R3.

Resistance was one of those games that just hit my sweet spot.

The story, the gameplay the controls and most of all the enemies. Such a well rounded back story.

R2's co-op multiplay is still one of the best out there IMO.

Hope to see a R4 On Playstation 4 sometime

Im going with resistance on this one.