By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metroid vs Resistance - Which is the better series?

Which is the better series?

Metroid 385 75.64%

Resistance 83 16.31%

See Results! 41 8.06%

Total:509

LOL.

That's like asking who is more powerfull God or an average person.   Metroid should never have to be included in such a mundane wishfull conversation.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Kerotan said:

Sounds like other m is the only one I'd actually even consider playing then.  But it has no online so I'd definitely still have picked resistance over it.  That was one of my favourite online games ever. 

Fair enough. I confess I never actually played the online in Resistance, I'm more of a single player guy, haha.

To be honest, I am still kind of struggling to comprehend why these two franchises were even compared to begin with, besides being sci-fi video games, they have little in common...

Yeah these really shouldn't be compared.  I'm not saying universally that resistance is better for everyone im just saying personally.  

lol is this a joke?

KyleeStrutt said:
I'm gonna take a shot of vodka every time someone quotes Kerotan.

Hopefully it won't take me 10 minutes to go drunk.

I nearly died laughing at that!  It got to the point where I only read a few of them.

Hiku said:
Kerotan said:
Hiku said:

I see. That's a shame. But seeing as you're 25, you're certainly old enough to have been able to play those games around the time they were released. So it seems surprising that you'd dislike games from that era. Did you not play videogames during the SNES era? No Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Zelda: ALTTP, Final Fantasy VI, etc for you?

I'm not actually 25.  Dunno why vgchartz has that for me.  

My first games were spyro,  crash bandicoot and metal Gear solid.  I didn't play any others before ps2. And I'd only replay them for nostalgia reasons.  I literally wouldn't touch 99% of games pre ps2 with a barge pole.  Handheld gaming is not for me.  So this series imo is lesser than Resistance which I really enjoyed. I don't expect to sway others into the same opinion.  But I'm not a sheep and I'll not follow the crowd for the sake of it. 

Ah, ok. If you didn't play games back then, it makes more sense. But why not give a good SNES or PS1 game a shot some day to see? (I see you played MGS1 at least. Did you finish it? Did you like or dislike it?) The best way to determine if something is good or not is to play it yourself rather than looking at it. If you like RPGs, there really aren't many that compare to Chrono Trigger even to this day. It's definitely not a "simple game", seeing as it has over 15 different endings, and time travel where things you do in the past can change and affect things in the future, etc.
Designed by Hironobu Sakaguchi (Creator of Final Fantasy), Art by Akira Toriyama (Dragonball), Music by Nobou Uematsu (Final Fantasy) and Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Cross, Xenogears/Xenosaga), it had quite the colaboration of amazing people working on it.
If you don't like rpgs, then nvm. If you do, worth giving it a shot. Worst that can happen, you don't like it and stop partway through. At best, you could discover a game many people consider one of the best of all time. Not terrible odds for a gamble there.

I don't like rpgs.  Yeah I like mgs1 but only because I played it back in the day.  If I played Metroid when they released originally I'd probably like them too.  Crash bandicoot and spyro are probably the only 2 old games I enjoy pre ps2 for the gameplay.  But even still I'd pick resistance over them all.  The big reason is because of the online in the first 2 particularly the second.  That's my cup of tea.  I also really like all 3 campaigns.  

Around the Network

Kind of a hard comparison since the two games are vastly different.

Regardless, Metroid takes the cake easily. It has done and a achieved a whole lot more than Resistance ever could.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

GTAexpert said:
MDMAlliance said:

I grew up with a PS1 as well, but it's not around anymore (though a dozen or so of the games are still around and playable).  

Curious though, what do you mean by that last thing?  Are you referring to games on the systems I do have or are you referring to PS3 and PSP games?

Yeah I'm talking about the ones on PS3, PS4 and PSP. Vita doesn't ahve ANY gem other than KZ: M and maybe Tearaway though I haven't played it. PS3 has by far the best exclusive lineup of any PS console yet, you should have got that instead of a Vita.

The reason I got a PS Vita in the first place was so I can play some classics on the go (PS1 titles).  I think the PS2 has quite a few gems, but I honestly don't know how we're defining gem here exactly.

I do admit that I have been thinking of getting a PS3, and the biggest thing barring me from getting a PS4 any time soon is the fact that it is not backwards compatible. 

During the last generation, I honestly would have gotten a PS3 if I could (at the time, I cared more about Playstation titles than Nintendo ones) but there never was an opportunity to.  That was the time I played F2P MMOs and flash games (and got a steam account).

When I get a PS3, though (I'm sure it will happen some time), I probably would want suggestions for games.

GTAexpert said:
curl-6 said:

Make that Uncharted vs Kirby topic and find out; I guarantee you Kirby will not win. ;)

You guys take things quite literally

Don't know about "us guys", but I personally take things literally sometimes as a result of my autism.

But seriously, Nintendo fans do NOT heavily outnumber the Sony fans. This is a psychological effect in play, where the "other" always seems more numerous.

The last several replies from some users in this thread have been nothing but off-topic posts, bait comments, and circular arguments. The discussion has not progressed in any meaningful way, so I might as well lock this thread.