By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metroid vs Resistance - Which is the better series?

Which is the better series?

Metroid 385 75.64%

Resistance 83 16.31%

See Results! 41 8.06%

Total:509
Clyde32 said:
Kerotan said:

My point is there is only 1 good modern Metroid I'd even consider.  I don't game on handhelds and i hate old style retro games.  

Once again, what do you classify as modern?

I watched the video about the series and most of their games are just too old for me to even consider playing.  I'm not from that generation.  

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:
Guys, we've had enough of this. Since on VGC Nintenedo fans >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PlayStation fans in numbers, obviously Metroid wins over Resistance. Don't try to tell me otherwise, even if this was something like Kirby vs Uncharted, you guys would have said Kirby is better.

That's not always the case. I've seen PS win polls before. This just isn't a legitimate comparison.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

GTAexpert said:
Samus Aran said:
GTAexpert said:
Guys, we've had enough of this. Since on VGC Nintenedo fans >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PlayStation fans in numbers, obviously Metroid wins over Resistance. Don't try to tell me otherwise, even if this was something like Kirby vs Uncharted, you guys would have said Kirby is better.

Make the thread then and test it out.

Kirby sucks, everyone knows that. ;)

But would most of accept that? That's the question, and I somehow doubt you would.

I've never played a Kirby game in my life and I intend to keep it that way. I've dissed Kirby a lot on these forums, check out my posts!

I've played the Uncharted series. ;)

curl-6 said:
GTAexpert said:
Nintenedo fans >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PlayStation fans in numbers

Not true; if Nintendo fans do have the numerical advantage, it's certainly not an large one. VGChartz has always had a high proportion of Sony supporters. Xbox is the only one that's really outnumbered.

Nope, Sony community seems to be declining VGC, and everything from poll results to the amount of posters who are Nintendo supporters suggests that they DO grossly outnumber us. Of course, Xbox is even more niche on VGC. Its like Nintendo fans >>>>>>>>>>>>> PlayStation + Xbox fans.

Relative to sales, its very apparent that its Nintendo fans who are present at a high proportion on VGC. No wonder its hard to mention any of my favourite game without it getting a shitton of criticism from people who haven't played it.

Kerotan said:
GTAexpert said:

That's actually hilarious because it would be the opposite of this thread.  People not accepting my opinion will all of a sudden be expecting their person personal choice to be accepted.  

Not really.  Your judgement on this issue would have been better received if you had at least a little bit of a solid argument.  You basically have never played Metroid and say "Resistance is the better game because it has 60 player online and 8 player co-op."  One thing here is that people are saying that this is an incongruent comparison to begin with because Metroid and Resistance are such different games that deciding which is the better game would come down to very elemental components.  

You come to your conclusion by essentially saying that a single player game doesn't have this online aspect, so it loses by default.  With that logic, pretty much any MMO in existence beats Resistance, and you would have to accept it using the very same logic you used to say Resistance was the better game series.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Clyde32 said:

Once again, what do you classify as modern?

I watched the video about the series and most of their games are just too old for me to even consider playing.  I'm not from that generation.  

So you only play games from the seventh gen? That's very close-minded of you.

Hiku said:
Kerotan said:

My point is there is only 1 good modern Metroid I'd even consider.  I don't game on handhelds and i hate old style retro games.  

I see. That's a shame. But seeing as you're 25, you're certainly old enough to have been able to play those games around the time they were released. So it seems surprising that you'd dislike games from that era. Did you not play videogames during the SNES era? No Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Zelda: ALTTP, Final Fantasy VI, etc for you?

I'm not actually 25.  Dunno why vgchartz has that for me.  

My first games were spyro,  crash bandicoot and metal Gear solid.  I didn't play any others before ps2. And I'd only replay them for nostalgia reasons.  I literally wouldn't touch 99% of games pre ps2 with a barge pole.  Handheld gaming is not for me.  So this series imo is lesser than Resistance which I really enjoyed. I don't expect to sway others into the same opinion.  But I'm not a sheep and I'll not follow the crowd for the sake of it. 

Kerotan said:

I'm not actually 25.  Dunno why vgchartz has that for me.  

My first games were spyro,  crash bandicoot and metal Gear solid.  I didn't play any others before ps2. And I'd only replay them for nostalgia reasons.  I literally wouldn't touch 99% of games pre ps2 with a barge pole.  Handheld gaming is not for me.  So this series imo is lesser than Resistance which I really enjoyed. I don't expect to sway others into the same opinion.  But I'm not a sheep and I'll not follow the crowd for the sake of it. 

How does trying out new things classify as being a "sheep"

Clyde32 said:
Kerotan said:

Apart from spyro,  crash bandicoot, metal Gear solid and hogs of war I don't play any games from the ps1 gen or earlier. It's not narrow minded because I don't enjoy such basic games. It's narrow minded of people to expect me to like things that don't appeal to me. 

Kerotan said:
Clyde32 said:

Apart from spyro,  crash bandicoot, metal Gear solid and hogs of war I don't play any games from the ps1 gen or earlier. It's not narrow minded because I don't enjoy such basic games. It's narrow minded of people to expect me to like things that don't appeal to me. 

Alright, well how does 3 games classify as "most" metroid games?