By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metroid vs Resistance - Which is the better series?

Which is the better series?

Metroid 385 75.64%

Resistance 83 16.31%

See Results! 41 8.06%

Total:509

Not even a question. I don't doubt that there are people out their who would prefer the style of Resistance but objectively the games aren't in the same league quality-wise.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Clyde32 said:

You base this off seeing one game? And he didn't say it looked better, he said it aged better. 

All three metroid prime games look better than the first resistance game. And all three of them are "modern"

It's obvious what he's trying to do in this thread. See the post above... Not worth responding to anymore.

The only obvious thing here is that you won't respect my opinion.  Is it that hard for you to believe not everyone likes the supposedly better game? do you think everyone would chose the last of us if it was put up against a lesser rrated game.  Seriously you need to learn to accept people's opinions.  

Hiku said:
Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

Your ignorance on this subject is amusing.

Metroid: 1986 (NES)

Metroid II: 1991 (GB)

Super Metroid: 1994 (SNES)

Metroid Prime: 2002 (GC)

Metroid Fusion: 2002 (GBA)

Metroid Prime 2: 2004 (GC)

Metroid: Zero Mission: 2004 (GBA)

Metroid Prime Hunters: 2006 (DS)

Metroid Prime 3: 2007 (Wii)

Metroid: Other M: 2010 (Wii)

Like I said, you haven't played a Metroid game, so this thread obviously is not meant for you. Just because I showed you a 2D game as an example doesn't mean that was the latest game in the franchise. There are five 3D Metroid games.

So the best the series has to offer is a wii version in terms of graphics and one of them has a 6.6 user score.  Honestly the more I learn the more I know I prefer resistance.  If you put both series in front of me and I'd to pick one I'd choose resistance.  It's that simple.  You really can't argue with my gaming tastes and opinions.  

Just a little FYI, Metroid: Other M was developed by Team Ninja, not Nintendo. Most Metroid fans pretend it didn't happen. Think of it as the Devil May Cry 2 of the Metroid Series.

My point is there is only 1 good modern Metroid I'd even consider.  I don't game on handhelds and i hate old style retro games.  

Guys, we've had enough of this. Since on VGC Nintenedo fans >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PlayStation fans in numbers, obviously Metroid wins over Resistance. Don't try to tell me otherwise, even if this was something like Kirby vs Uncharted, you guys would have said Kirby is better.

GTAexpert said:
Guys, we've had enough of this. Since on VGC Nintenedo fans >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PlayStation fans in numbers, obviously Metroid wins over Resistance. Don't try to tell me otherwise, even if this was something like Kirby vs Uncharted, you guys would have said Kirby is better.

That's actually hilarious because it would be the opposite of this thread.  People not accepting my opinion will all of a sudden be expecting their person personal choice to be accepted.  

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Hiku said:

Just a little FYI, Metroid: Other M was developed by Team Ninja, not Nintendo. Most Metroid fans pretend it didn't happen. Think of it as the Devil May Cry 2 of the Metroid Series.

My point is there is only 1 good modern Metroid I'd even consider.  I don't game on handhelds and i hate old style retro games.  

Once again, what do you classify as modern?

GTAexpert said:

Make the thread then and test it out.

Kirby sucks, everyone knows that. ;)

GTAexpert said:
Nintenedo fans >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PlayStation fans in numbers

Not true; if Nintendo fans do have the numerical advantage, it's certainly not an large one. VGChartz has always had a high proportion of Sony supporters. Xbox is the only one that's really outnumbered.

Samus Aran said:
GTAexpert said:

Make the thread then and test it out.

Kirby sucks, everyone knows that. ;)

But would most of accept that? That's the question, and I somehow doubt you would.

Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

Your ignorance on this subject is amusing.

Metroid: 1986 (NES)

Metroid II: 1991 (GB)

Super Metroid: 1994 (SNES)

Metroid Prime: 2002 (GC)

Metroid Fusion: 2002 (GBA)

Metroid Prime 2: 2004 (GC)

Metroid: Zero Mission: 2004 (GBA)

Metroid Prime Hunters: 2006 (DS)

Metroid Prime 3: 2007 (Wii)

Metroid: Other M: 2010 (Wii)

Like I said, you haven't played a Metroid game, so this thread obviously is not meant for you. Just because I showed you a 2D game as an example doesn't mean that was the latest game in the franchise. There are five 3D Metroid games.

So the best the series has to offer is a wii version in terms of graphics and one of them has a 6.6 user score.  Honestly the more I learn the more I know I prefer resistance.  If you put both series in front of me and I'd to pick one I'd choose resistance.  It's that simple.  You really can't argue with my gaming tastes and opinions.  

You are entirely entitled to your opinion but preference is usually reserved for when one has experienced both things in question and then chooses one over the other.

Personally I'm not that interested in RPGs but I'd never say I prefer Zelda SS over Final Fantasy XIII because I haven't even played FF. If I did, it would be an uniformed opinion.