By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Zelda U Have a Chance At 5Mil+ Lifetime WW? (Or Close To It)

I'm go with 5,000,000 and 1,000,000 first week.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Dr.Vita said:
Nope, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. hasn't reached 5M and both are bigger than Zelda. I can Zelda doing something around 4M lifetime.

Lol, they only released last year. They easily will reach 5M. MK8 is tracking ahead of MK: DD on a smaller install base. You also can't ignore that SSB4 also released on the 3DS (and shipped 6.2 million units by the end of 2014).

WW sold 4.60M.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Samus Aran said:
Dr.Vita said:
Nope, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. hasn't reached 5M and both are bigger than Zelda. I can Zelda doing something around 4M lifetime.

Lol, they only released last year. They easily will reach 5M. MK8 is tracking ahead of MK: DD on a smaller install base. You also can't ignore that SSB4 also released on the 3DS (and shipped 6.2 million units by the end of 2014).

WW sold 4.60M.

Yes, but Zelda is much smaller than both. Skyward Sword didn't even managed 4M. 

Dr.Vita said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Samus Aran said:
Dr.Vita said:

WW sold 4.60M.

Nope, it is.

Maybe Zelda SS have even break 7-8 million in sales, we don't have official number, but is confirmed that VGC massive undertracked this game.

It have sold more than 3.42 million just in first month (VGC said 2.8m)... how is possible that now is still below 4,000,000?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Skyward_Sword

Zelda deserves better, 10m+ each time kind of better.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Samus Aran said:
Dr.Vita said:

WW sold 4.60M.

Yes, Zelda is smaller but not significantly. If u compare Zelda and Mario Kart on SNES/N64/GC, Mario Kart sells roughly 1.5x as much as Zelda. If u compare Zelda and Smash Bros on N64/GC/Wii, Smash Bros sells roughly 1.25x as much as Zelda.

So in theory, if Mario Kart 8 sells 6 million and Smash Bros U sells 5 million than Zelda U is likely to sell about 4 million.

Also it's a fact that the second mainline Zelda released on a console always sells less than the first so Skyward Sword is not an accurate comparison.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Dr.Vita said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Samus Aran said:
Dr.Vita said:

WW sold 4.60M.

Skyward Sword is massively undertracked.

contestgamer said:
binary solo said:
Materia-Blade said:

MK 8 is selling at a steady pace for 8m+ lifetime. But even without using the zelda - mario kart ratio, the hype over zelda U seems enough to think it will easily sell 5m+.

I dunno. Obviously you frequent websites and forums related to Nintendo much more than I do. But not being a member of the Nintendo inner circle of fans I am not perceiving  a huge amount of hype. So the hype possibly is only within the Nintendo fanbase, which might not be enough to get it to 5 million.

Zelda U will probably need to be received almost as well as OOT to hit 5 million on the sort of install base Wii U is looking to achieve. And of course Zelda U could achieve that sort of acclaim. The Wii U is a suffiently powerful machine that Nintendo can do things with Zelda that it has never done before, and I'm sure they will make excellent use of the gamepad. It's still an up hill battle to 5 million though.

"Zelda U will probably need to be received almost as well as OOT to hit 5 million on the sort of install base Wii U is looking to achieve. And of course Zelda U could achieve that sort of acclaim."

What would make you believe that a franchise in decline will have a hit game that is recieved as well as the game that is widely considered the greatest of all time even today?

What makes you think Zelda is in decline? Because of TP ~ SS?

Dr.Vita said:

MK8 hasnt been out 1 year yet and its 230k away from 5mil so its already kinda there and SSBU has been out 6/7 weeks and got 3.39mil.

Point it was toooo early for your comment :p

Dr.Vita said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

On average, Zelda is only somewhat smaller than mario kart or smash bros. skyward sword certainly reached 4m but it is no accurate source for comparison. you're also saying mk and smash haven't reached 5m as an excuse when we all know they will sell much more than that ltd. Mk8 may even get to 10m.