By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Zelda U Have a Chance At 5Mil+ Lifetime WW? (Or Close To It)

TBONE YOU SHOULD ADD A POLL. Woops caplock xD

personally i would go with 4 million if it does good and 3 million if it does OK.

Either of those would be pretty big numbers given the attach ratio.

Around the Network

Yes easily. Iam rebuying the Wii U if they have a special edition and I'd buy any collectors edition too. There's a lot of collectors of Zelda and their sales numbers would be highest if they released it just before thanksgiving and with collectors edition (not just sold at World of Nintendo).

RealGamingExpert said:
Areym said:

You can't really suggest that and then have nothing to show for it.

OT: Maybe, it will certainly take a while for it to reach there IF the game is as polarizing as SS sorta was (By that, I mean that SS seemed to split the players between those who loved it and those who were not into it)

It sold 3.4M in the first month.

Do you really honestly think that it only sold 400k copies after that? I highly doubt it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/26/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-has-sold-3-4-million-worldwide/

Fair enough. I concede.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

It will definetely Sell 5m+. A better question would be if has a chance at 7m+.

So much sass in this thread. Reminds me of the Groundskeeper Willie skit on The Simpsons.

Brothers and sisters are natural enemies.
Like Xbox fans and Nintendo fans...
Or Playstation fans and Nintendo fans...
Or PC fans and Nintendo fans...
Or Nintendo fans and Nintendo fans...
Damn Nintendo fans!
They ruined the Nintendo fanbase!

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
Skyward Sword bombed on a much,much larger install base. 3 Million LTD is what i predict.

Again with this? Skyward sword came late in the wii's life and required an acessory, so sales were in line with those factors. Installed bases aren't relevant for this, since ocarina of time sold 7m+ on the N64 and TP on wii got most of it's sales early on (when wii was far below 100m ltd). And you're obviously not being serious by saying it bombed.

Soundwave said:
Skullwaker said:

Also, Skyward Sword required an additional peripheral. Much like Majora's Mask.

Wii Sports Resort sold 33 million copies and it required the same add-on. 

Wii sports resorts INCLUDED a motion plus, while only a limited edition of SS did the same.

Skullwaker said:
contestgamer said:
Lol, 50 million less still makes it one of the best selling games ever. Hardly in the same league as Zelda SS

You're missing the point. It sold less because of the peripheral. I don't care how much more it sold than Zelda. I'm not comparing the sales of Zelda to Wii Sports. I'm comparing the effects of the required peripheral. It's generally known that Wii Sports games, excluding Club, sell more than Zelda. This doesn't support your argument. 

Wii sorts resorts sold less than wii sports because the later was bundled with most wii's. resorts was bundled with the motion +, so it was just a small barrier for multiplayer.

Materia-Blade said:
Wii sorts resorts sold less than wii sports because the later was bundled with most wii's. resorts was bundled with the motion +, so it was just a small barrier for multiplayer.

Wii Sports Resort was also bundled with the console itself 2009 and onward.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Nuvendil said:
contestgamer said:

The Wii's weakest point still wasn't as weak as any point in the Wii U's life. Zelda U will do better as far as percentage adoption goes, but no way it sells as much as TP does or even close to it.

Well TP was 7mil, we're talking 5mil.

But regardless, I think that first part is inaccurate.  The demographic that Zelda and similar titles appeal to was quite done with the Wii by the end of its life cycle.  Motion controls=waggle and Wii=casual was firmly etched into the collective conception of the Wii.  And no marketing=major sales missed always, 100% of the time.  I would say SS was lucky to reach 3.88mil in the circumstances.  Number of units sold means little if no one knows about the game or gives enough of a crap to care.  And that pretty much describes the attitude of a massive part of gamers concerning the Wii in 2011.

No, it was just required motion +, late release and the game itself. Still sold in line with previous second zeldas.

Also, the bolded isn't an attitude from gamers.