By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Zelda U Have a Chance At 5Mil+ Lifetime WW? (Or Close To It)

Skullwaker said:
Materia-Blade said:
Wii sorts resorts sold less than wii sports because the later was bundled with most wii's. resorts was bundled with the motion +, so it was just a small barrier for multiplayer.

Wii Sports Resort was also bundled with the console itself 2009 and onward.

not all consoles. there was also a mk wii bundle, wich was probably the most sold.

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
Nuvendil said:

Well TP was 7mil, we're talking 5mil.

But regardless, I think that first part is inaccurate.  The demographic that Zelda and similar titles appeal to was quite done with the Wii by the end of its life cycle.  Motion controls=waggle and Wii=casual was firmly etched into the collective conception of the Wii.  And no marketing=major sales missed always, 100% of the time.  I would say SS was lucky to reach 3.88mil in the circumstances.  Number of units sold means little if no one knows about the game or gives enough of a crap to care.  And that pretty much describes the attitude of a massive part of gamers concerning the Wii in 2011.

No, it was just required motion +, late release and the game itself. Still sold in line with previous second zeldas.

Also, the bolded isn't an attitude from gamers.

Gonna have to agree to disagree on that one.  The Wii is widely considered by many to be a glorified dust collector, casual device, gimmick device, etc. and that definitely goes back to 2011 at the very least. 

Nuvendil said:
Materia-Blade said:

No, it was just required motion +, late release and the game itself. Still sold in line with previous second zeldas.

Gonna have to agree to disagree on that one.  The Wii is widely considered by many to be a glorified dust collector, casual device, gimmick device, etc. and that definitely goes back to 2011 at the very least. 

And I mean that someone who trully thinks that can hardly be called a gamer. Thinking that is as ridiculous as labelling ps and xbox as fps only consoles.

Materia-Blade said:
Nuvendil said:
Materia-Blade said:

And I mean that someone who trully thinks that can hardly be called a gamer. Thinking that is as ridiculous as labelling ps and xbox as fps only consoles.

Nintendo is partly to blame.  Their advertising went to absolute crap about halfway through the gen and degenerated to the point of near nonexistence.  If you let your competition and the trolls of the internet drive the narrative of your product's image, it will never end well. 

GProgrammer said:
tbone51 said:

Joke Post? The way your making it sound like, it says it wont even be close at all. What are you expecting? BTW i'll be happy to remind you how silly this post is in the future

Well just over a day ago you predicted on the COMG thread the 2 new games would be Phatasy Star+Xenoblade 3D but both FAILED to make it into the charts. So I don't have much faith in your predictions.

How many Wii U games have sold more than 5 million copies? I'm talking about huge franchise like mario kart, SSB etc. Zelda is not that big of a franchise, of all 24 zelda games released the biggest seller has been Ocarina of Time at a massive 7.6 million on the N64 and you think somehow a Wii U game will do it, even though the platform has bombed :)

2 different things and I was correct with Phatasy Star lol. Just not XC3D.

"How many Wii U games have sold more than 5 million copies?"

~NSMBU

Soon to be...

~MK8

~SSBU

~NintendoLand

~SM3DW ???

That said its not impossible for Zelda to do 5mil, your underestimating it imo. If LoZ WW HD can do 2mil lifetime on wiiu i think ZeldaU is guaranteed around 4mil, so 5mil isnt a joke :0

Around the Network

I hope it can reach at least 2-2.5 mil.

Of course, is going to sell more than 5 milions.

It'll outsell the console - Nintendo fans.

Yeah hopefully if it reviews well

Maybe i should ask for 10mil+........... :)