By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dreamcast 2 and Sega Net relaunch

I would deffinatly buy one :D But it probably wont happen :(

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

I hope it comes out 9/9/09

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Damn this site! I've now been on eBay and bought a Dreamcast.

The following is from Joystiq...

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/10/dreamcast-com-converted-into-phishing-scam-sega-warns/ 

Dreamcast.com converted into phishing scam, Sega warns

"Do you still own a Dreamcast?" asks dreamcast.com. By all appearances, the supposed official site of Sega's cherished console has received a legitimate update, exciting loyalists that have been anticipating the system's 10-year anniversary later this year. By clicking on the question, visitors are prompted to accept a user agreement for an @user.dreamcast.com email account (apparently tied to Gmail). Applicants must supply a console serial number, email address, and password before being granted a [serial number]@dreamcast.com Gmail address.

The thing is ... Sega no longer owns dreamcast.com. Oh dear. While we have yet to obtain an English language statement from Sega, Japanese news site Mainichi has confirmed that dreamcast.com is no longer owned by Sega and is using the official Dreamcast and company logos illegally. Additionally, the current dreamcast.com domain registration information is also fraudulent. Engadget Japanese reached out to Sega for further clarification, and a representative stated that Sega is considering "appropriate measures." As we wait for further information, please (please!) do not submit any personal information to dreamcast.com. You've been warned.

You know it really hurts when once again Sega fans have their hearts dashed by a real jerk-off.
We should be happy to have a console we can come back to time and time again.
Sure we may play most if not all of the other console,but it seems we always come back to the Dreamcast.
I enjoy playing Virtua Tennis with the maracas, Soul Calibur with the fishing rod or talking to Seaman with the microphone.
I loved going on-line with it,and it was great never having to worry about virus's or pop-ups.
With close to 550 games with not many turds,I don't think that anyone has played them all.
There is still a lot of exclusives,some great(Cosmic Smash) some not so great(Pen Pen)and quite a few of the best games are still dirt cheap,as are the consoles.

All we want is for Sega to do something,anything we don't care as long as it's fun and cheap,go in with Apple as they have a ton of money right now,and Nintendo just can't seem to make enough consoles to satisfy the demand.

One positive of all this,is it has people talking about the DC,dusting off ones they haven't played for awhile or simply buying a cheap used or new one off ebay etc.

It was also nice to find out that I'm not the only idiot, who loves their Dreamcast!

Dreamcast-18 years later "It's Still Thinking"

Around the Network

@ amcdc79

I LUV U MAN!  <3

Hey,thanks bud,but we should not let our love of the Dreamcast blind us into jumping at the first rumor we hear.Anyone who did sign up or gave any personal information to the site,should have by now changed their passwords.Good luck to all of you folks.

The scumbag responsible for the fiasco should have evil,wicked,mean and nasty things done to them!I hope they do not benefit at all from their actions,and when caught,are made an example of.

We must all be careful, and do not post or put links up for all to see without making sure they are correct and safe.I am sure we learned a valuable lesson from this.

Dreamcast-18 years later "It's Still Thinking"