By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dreamcast 2 and Sega Net relaunch

Arkk said:
ssj12 said:
tastyshovelware said:
^^

not enough to warrent the creation of a new system (even if cheap).

you are a complete idiot if you really believe that

you fail to know the SEGA fanbase

That didn't stop the Dreamcast from failing. If there are so many Sega fans, what the hell happened to all of them when the Saturn and Dreamcast launched? The fanbase isn't big enough to support the system alone.

And don't call people idiots. I thought you had a little more sense in you ssj12.

It was... in Japan.  The Sega Saturn lasted for a decent amount of time on it's own in Japan, and could of lasted longer but was cut short to be first on the market with the Dreamcast. 

Which pissed off said fans. 

Around the Network

I know alot of people that would buy a DC2.

And by know way am I trying to illicit hate on the Dreamcast based upon my previous statement. I would buy a DC2 for sure. But I just don't know how feasible it would be for Sega to actually create and profit off of. And I am sure they have analysts that say the same thing day in and day out.

Just kiss the tip.

if the dc2 ever came out.

people would remember how sony and the ps2 raped it to death.

i think most ppl forgot about dreamcast anyways. i only know a handful of guys who owned 1

Dreamcast 2 gaming console with 200GB HDD? - $100

Ability to download all past Genesis, 32X, Saturn and Dreamcast Games? - $?? Montly Fee

Ability to play Panzer Dragoon Saga for under the $200+ eBay bargain price? - Priceless

Sign me up!!!

Seriously though, I would buy one of these. I gave Sega Channel a chance back in the day, I can't see myself not trying this out. 

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

If this is true then it sucks that they aren't making it backwards compatible with Dreamcast discs.

if a dc2 came out id buy it :D

reading the post and comments it seems like there registering the serial numbers against a contact address for the Dreamcasts out there.

If this is true then they must have at least a potential project in the pipeline as if this would seem to be a feasability study of sorts where the number of responses would give them an indiciation of how many people out there have a dreamcast and would be interested as well as allowing them to be contacted somewhere down the line if the project progresses.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sega-Dreamcast-2-Controllers-9-games-gun-fishing-rod_W0QQitemZ250221533752QQihZ015QQcategoryZ4313QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I may even buy this for nostaligic reasons and just in case something does happen.

CaptainPrefrences said:
if the dc2 ever came out.

people would remember how sony and the ps2 raped it to death.

i think most ppl forgot about dreamcast anyways. i only know a handful of guys who owned 1

Whatever dude...you were like 6 when Dremacast came out and in your daddy crotch when Sega started its legacy.

The only raping people can remember is the raping Sega's games did in the 90's in terms of quality with sony or any other software company(apart form nintendo)

Sony and microsoft can dissapear and no one would even remember the next day that they were part of the industry as they dont make games. Sony can be replaced by microsoft or by Toshiba...Panasonic...and no one will give 2 shits.

Sega however still has lots of fans 8 years later.