Sound: Same as previous Dreamcast

Ram: 128MB main mem

VRam: 24MB

Sound Ram: 2MB

Network Adapter: 10/100

Wireless: 802.11 B/G

HD: 200gig

Aprox retail price: 100$

SegaNet is relaunching with every Sega Genesis, Master System, Saturn and Dreamcast game for download, expect a monthly fee SN points. New games will also be available for individual purchase or via an upgrade to the Seganet monthly fee.

Sega is in talks with other software developers to offer games via SegaNet.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

the dreamcast was a failure...why do they think it will sell now?

I don't know but Sega registered the name again back in the fall and are now asking Dreamcast owners to register their hardwares serial number for which Sega is handing out early Seganet user accounts:

http://kotaku.com/365502/sega-asks-do-you-still-own-a-dreamcast

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Well, if Sega approached the "release old games on a newer system" approach, why let Nintendo get a slice of it if they can just release their own console that's BC with the DC, will have access to the entire Sega library, and will get a bit of development from Sega's main IPs?

AWESOME =p.

Around the Network

$100 with a 200g HDD? Sounds fake to me..

Brawl FC: 0473 - 7465 - 0612

Damstr8 said:
the dreamcast was a failure...why do they think it will sell now?

The situation is a little different.......................

I think they see it as not competing. The Sega Net fee should recoup any money tied up in the service. I think they see it as more of a competitor to something like Gamefly. Cheap hardware plus a monthly fee, seems pretty doable. Even if they only sold a few million Dreamcast 2's, it would still be profitable for them.

Valdens said:
$100 with a 200g HDD? Sounds fake to me..

The monthly fee is upfront.  I should have included that in the original post, so the box is subsidized by the expected SegaNet fee.  The 200G HD is just rumoured spec for now.

Seems a little early for an April 1 thread. They are going to need about ten MArio and Sonic games to pull this off.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt