By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dreamcast 2 and Sega Net relaunch

Wow this would be a dream come true (unintentional pun, ha!) although the cynical side of me doesn't see this happening. When you look to Japan though and see that the most successful system there is also the cheapest and least powerful an idea like Dreamcast 2 just might work. PS3 sales are poor, and the Xbox 360 may as well not even bothered. There is room for another player in Japan. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Sega have a strong fan base in Japan aswell? Maybe a lowcost VC system could really take off, it sounds good to me. Don't forget Sega broke the records at that time for consoles sold in a day at launch with their last system. Saddest thing would be to see them go bankrupt if such a thing failed. Keep your filthy hands off Sega EA!

http://2ksports.com/go/gamerschoice/

Ok I did my part, I bought No More Heroes, but they were out of Zach and Wiki.

Ok got Zach and Wiki, now if I could just finally finish Twilight Princess so I can play all these Wii games I got waiting. And no I won't buy Okami.

DNF, now there is a game that should have been scrapped completely. Reminds me of a kid whose been in school for 12 years and still doesn't know what he wants to do. At one point you just need to man up and get a job.

Around the Network

I would buy and pay the monthly fee just to have one... I know I'm a tool, but there are a lot of tools like me.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

If its priced at $99.99 with almost as much power as the wii, I would not buy it, because I have a ps3.

mM
Jlaff said:
Wow this would be a dream come true (unintentional pun, ha!) although the cynical side of me doesn't see this happening. When you look to Japan though and see that the most successful system there is also the cheapest and least powerful an idea like Dreamcast 2 just might work. PS3 sales are poor, and the Xbox 360 may as well not even bothered. There is room for another player in Japan. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Sega have a strong fan base in Japan aswell? Maybe a lowcost VC system could really take off, it sounds good to me. Don't forget Sega broke the records at that time for consoles sold in a day at launch with their last system. Saddest thing would be to see them go bankrupt if such a thing failed. Keep your filthy hands off Sega EA!

Not sure.  I think a lot of people were jaded by the Sega Saturn being discontinued. 

I know I would of been based on their saturn advertising campaign. 

I dont quite agree with the specs, but I think another sega console would be great. Better yet, that would be amazing if you can download all those old saturn/genesis/dreamcast games on the console since sega has the licenses to most  of the games.

MAy be too early, but the online would benefit to most sega fans. 

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

Around the Network

This has been mentioned before in another thread which I pointed towards IGN with the joke reports of a new dreamcast... Don't get me wrong but the dreamcast was a good machine.

Good to see this site is still going 

this cant happen..

the dreamcast is a failure. pretty much everyone has forgot what a sega console looks like! and the people who do remember, they will remember how it failed miserably.

the console market is too crowded and gamers are to familier with the wii xbox 360 ps3, ps4, nextbox (if they come out), so i dont think peopel would be interested in this.

i dont think sega has the money for this either. last time i checked their budget was like 5 billion? imagine if they had something like the rrod. BANKRUPT. to risky.

ssj12 said:
tastyshovelware said:
^^

not enough to warrent the creation of a new system (even if cheap).

you are a complete idiot if you really believe that 

you fail to know the SEGA fanbase

That didn't stop the Dreamcast from failing. If there are so many Sega fans, what the hell happened to all of them when the Saturn and Dreamcast launched? The fanbase isn't big enough to support the system alone.

And don't call people idiots. I thought you had a little more sense in you ssj12.

Just kiss the tip.

^^

thanks.

leo-j said:
If its priced at $99.99 with almost as much power as the wii, I would not buy it, because I have a ps3.

Thanks for your wonderful insight.  Can your PS3 play every Master System/Genesis/Saturn/Dreamcast/etc. game?  Surely the theoretical potential of such a console is beyond your ability to comprehend.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.