By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order vs. Codename STEAM

Tagged games:

Which game do you like more?

The Order: 1886 45 27.27%

Codename S.T.E.A.M. 102 61.82%

see results 18 10.91%

Total:165

Haven't played either but, this is a weird comparison. A cinematic third person shooter developed by a no-name studio, with a big budget vs. a SRPG developed by Intelligent Systems, the makers of Fire Emblem and Advance Wars? It's no contest, I'm taking the SRPG.

Around the Network
Rafie said:
Fededx said:
alternine said:
Fededx said:
Codename S.T.E.A.M. for me, the order looks like garbage with a nice smell.

Facepalm

Facepalm all you want buddy, that's my opinion.

Not a very sound opinion. Just pick what you prefer without belittling the other.

Don't tell me what to do man, you're not a moderator here. It´s just an opinion, if you don't like it, don't read it, that's it. For example, I have no idea about what you preferred, since I absolutely don't care. :)

i'm not really into RTT, so its a tougth choice for me. Will wait for more information about it.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Twilord said:
Areym said:
The order is graphics and cinematics focused and codename STEAM is gameplay focused. I'll take the Order, any day. Nintendo presented it as a big reveal but it has little going for it.

And just like that I realized just how insanely different people's tastes can be from mine. Almost makes me appreciate the narratology approach to game design getting the support that I suppose it deserves... and the fact the obsession with narratology driven design leaves a vacuum that I can crack into as an indie (once I have a team to follow me), as well as still having a company Nintendo to give those of us who 'game for gaming' something prominent to work with. :)

Hey, more power to you. The reveal was pretty underwhelming to me (not that it was targeted to me specifically) 

I like gameplay-focused games as much as the next guy, but CS looks very, very old, even by the 3DS's capabilities. Obviously, it does not take away from the actual game but I am also not a fan of strategy-based games. It really just isn't my type of game but the fact that there are people who loves different things makes it so gamers will continue to get varied experiences, suited for our tastes and I'm cool with that.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

The graphics in the Order blew me away and the gameplay doesn't look too shabby from what I've seen. Codename Steam interests me more though since I am really fond of strategy games and I love a lot of Intelligent Systems but I haven't played either at this time so I can't really set a judgement in stone.

Around the Network
Riverstyx said:

Haven't played either but, this is a weird comparison. A cinematic third person shooter developed by a no-name studio, with a big budget vs. a SRPG developed by Intelligent Systems, the makers of Fire Emblem and Advance Wars? It's no contest, I'm taking the SRPG.

I don't think Ready@Dawn is a noname though. I think both Intelligent Systems and Ready@Dawn play in the same league.

I chose this comparison, because both studios chose a similar setting. I'm interested in comparing how the different gameplay and the different artistic approach works for this setting.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

When will Nintendo finally start innovating instead of constantly copying from Sony?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Platina said:
DonFerrari said:
I choose the inovative one.

Great choice! :)

We must warranty that hateful games fail =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Fededx said:
Rafie said:

Not a very sound opinion. Just pick what you prefer without belittling the other.

Don't tell me what to do man, you're not a moderator here. It´s just an opinion, if you don't like it, don't read it, that's it. For example, I have no idea about what you preferred, since I absolutely don't care. :)

.....and obviously you're a....yeah not worth it. Foolishness!

PSN ID- Rafie27

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Order 1886 has Arthurian Mythology, but Codename Steam's "Best Public Domain of the Latter Victorian Era" hodgepodge is also awesome. Steampunk Abraham Lincoln piloting a Mech is at least on par with God-Emperor Knights of the Round Table. And Codename Steam's alien invaders are way cooler than some bestial humanoids.

Plus, Code Name: Steam has characters from Folklore, The Wizard of Oz, Moby Dick, Peter Pan, Tom Sawyer, and H. P. Lovecraft. And Fire Emblem.

This is a game where the Cowardly Lion, under the command of Steampunk Abe Lincoln, gets to team up with Tom Sawyer and Lucina to fight Cthulhu's buddies.

Five Golden Bananas out of Shigeru Miyamoto

Love and tolerate.