By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order vs. Codename STEAM

Tagged games:

Which game do you like more?

The Order: 1886 45 27.27%

Codename S.T.E.A.M. 102 61.82%

see results 18 10.91%

Total:165

The order is graphics and cinematics focused and codename STEAM is gameplay focused. I'll take the Order, any day. Nintendo presented it as a big reveal but it has little going for it.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

I choose the inovative one.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The Order will obviously have better graphics so no contest there...

Codename STEAM is more interesting for me, but that is biased because I generally like Nintendo games

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

DonFerrari said:
I choose the inovative one.

Great choice! :)

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

alternine said:
Fededx said:
Codename S.T.E.A.M. for me, the order looks like garbage with a nice smell.

Facepalm

Facepalm all you want buddy, that's my opinion.

Around the Network

So far STEAM looks more interesting to me, though it's right up my alley. Good comic book style, along with characters from stories and fairy tales, sounds like a fun game to me. The Order while having impressive graphics just doesn't do it for me, and shooting is not much my thing either.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Fededx said:
alternine said:
Fededx said:
Codename S.T.E.A.M. for me, the order looks like garbage with a nice smell.

Facepalm

Facepalm all you want buddy, that's my opinion.

Not a very sound opinion. Just pick what you prefer without belittling the other.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Areym said:
The order is graphics and cinematics focused and codename STEAM is gameplay focused. I'll take the Order, any day. Nintendo presented it as a big reveal but it has little going for it.

And just like that I realized just how insanely different people's tastes can be from mine. Almost makes me appreciate the narratology approach to game design getting the support that I suppose it deserves... and the fact the obsession with narratology driven design leaves a vacuum that I can crack into as an indie (once I have a team to follow me), as well as still having a company Nintendo to give those of us who 'game for gaming' something prominent to work with. :)

Codename STEAM. It is intelligent systems. They're called that for a reason. The demo was amazing and I already know they will deliver with the full game. So excited for it!

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Haven't played either but, this is a weird comparison. A cinematic third person shooter developed by a no-name studio, with a big budget vs. a SRPG developed by Intelligent Systems, the makers of Fire Emblem and Advance Wars? It's no contest, I'm taking the SRPG.