By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Has Happened to Sony’s First-Party Exclusives?

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

you do an awful lot of jumping to and from platforms in ratchet and clank. they've expanded on it and made it more fun. Is super mario galaxy not a platformer because you have planets you go to and run around? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Q9E7H8taw

This is platforming.

The "platforming" in Ratchet & Clank is pretty standard stuff. If I had to review this game as a platformer it wouldn't get high scores. I didn't die once while playing Into the Nexus.

i'd actually say mario galaxy is standard in terms of it's more like a traditiomal platformer. Into the nexus is an expansion not a full game. tools of destruction and a crack in time would be more of a platformer and they are excellent platformers at that. I also didn't die in into the nexus but i did in the other two i mentioned. put the difficulty to the hardest and you will too. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Q9E7H8taw

This is platforming.

The "platforming" in Ratchet & Clank is pretty standard stuff. If I had to review this game as a platformer it wouldn't get high scores. I didn't die once while playing Into the Nexus.

i'd actually say mario galaxy is standard in terms of it's more like a traditiomal platformer. Into the nexus is an expansion not a full game. tools of destruction and a crack in time would be more of a platformer and they are excellent platformers at that. I also didn't die in into the nexus but i did in the other two i mentioned. put the difficulty to the hardest and you will too. 

Erm, SMG is not a traditional platformer at all.

Putting the difficulty higher won't make the platforming more difficult.

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

Erm, SMG is not a traditional platformer at all.

Putting the difficulty higher won't make the platforming more difficult.

it looks pretty traditional to me with both 3d and 2d platforming. the 3d parts are very similar to a lot of ratcet and clank games. in ratchet and clank the difficulty will definitely make the game harder as the many enemies you face deal more damage. 

this final review of the Order: 1886 put most of metascore reviewers for this game into shame...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td2bi2uCijI

HokageTenshi said:

this final review of the Order 1886 put most of metascore reviewers for this game into shame...

Yeah i've noticed that a lot of Youtube reviewers are questioning the revewing credentials of the major gaming websites. The director told them exactly what the game was, in which you're essentially playing a interactive movie with third person shooting action. In some ways I wish they would've just given the reviewers what they wanted and just ripped Gears of War and Uncharted completely by giving them their fill of gameplay and a proper balance of gameplay. The problem with this game was that they never said it would turn out like that at all.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
HokageTenshi said:

this final review of the Order 1886 put most of metascore reviewers for this game into shame...

Yeah i've noticed that a lot of Youtube reviewers are questioning the revewing credentials of the major gaming websites. The director told them exactly what the game was, in which you're essentially playing a interactive movie with third person shooting action. In some ways I wish they would've just given the reviewers what they wanted and just ripped Gears of War and Uncharted completely by giving them their fill of gameplay and a proper balance of gameplay. The problem with this game was that they never said it would turn out like that at all.

I have to say I'm scepticale about this game, even if I agree with most of the meta score for almost all the games I have played. I'll give it a try and see but I don't expect it to be a game on par with the quality of the games I'm playing on the WiiU.

Btw I'm not entirely sure why I got ban on expressing an opinion that almost all reviewers agree with. I think the games on the WiiU completely deserve there score and the games I have played on the PS4 about the same. I'm still waiting for the must have PS4 title that will bring something fresh to the table.

NavyNut said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I have to say I'm scepticale about this game, even if I agree with most of the meta score for almost all the games I have played. I'll give it a try and see but I don't expect it to be a game on par with the quality of the games I'm playing on the WiiU.

Btw I'm not entirely sure why I got ban on expressing an opinion that almost all reviewers agree with. I think the games on the WiiU completely deserve there score and the games I have played on the PS4 about the same. I'm still waiting for the must have PS4 title that will bring something fresh to the table.

"Only fanboys in denial would say such things." in response to another user on the forums.  Believe me it's not the part about the PS4 that was the issue that got you a ban.    

NavyNut said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

You might want to wait for a price drop unless you're into single player experiences like this. Also, this game was completely designed from the ground up to be like this. The dev said months ago that multiplayer would be added in the second installment. They just needed to get the story out of the way since the primary focus is this game is to be like an interactive movie. The camera style in the game was what the developer emphasized and since they had worked on Sony IP's like Uncharted in the past for the PSP they were going to try the uncharted route of development for a new IP by creating the story first with the basics of the gameplay and in the second game giving everyone what they wanted like Uncharted 2 did for Uncharted (even though Uncharted was no slouch).

The problem is people expected it to be TPS heavy when really the developer said the focal point of game was to be "character-centric".

S.T.A.G.E. said:
WolfpackN64 said:
The Order 1886 is a 3rd party exclusive though.

Its first party. Sony owns the IP, but this was an initiation game. If it did well Sony most likely would've brought Ready at Dawn into the family after working for them for so long on their PSP games. They had to make a game in Sony's signature style which generally tells a  story. Problem is for the reception they made it story over gameplay. They hit the nail on the head with the way Sony makes games though. Creating a borderline experience.

You're right, my bad, it's first party indeed. As for story over gameplay, I think RaD knows where the problem is with the order. They can fix it in a next installment. It's a franchise with potential, definatly mroe so than Destiny, Titanfall and Evolve, since some games just forget to tell a story while they pretend to have one or are just overwritten.

WolfpackN64 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Its first party. Sony owns the IP, but this was an initiation game. If it did well Sony most likely would've brought Ready at Dawn into the family after working for them for so long on their PSP games. They had to make a game in Sony's signature style which generally tells a  story. Problem is for the reception they made it story over gameplay. They hit the nail on the head with the way Sony makes games though. Creating a borderline experience.

You're right, my bad, it's first party indeed. As for story over gameplay, I think RaD knows where the problem is with the order. They can fix it in a next installment. It's a franchise with potential, definatly mroe so than Destiny, Titanfall and Evolve, since some games just forget to tell a story while they pretend to have one or are just overwritten.

Exactly, also, Ready at Dawn never lied to anyone about how the game was going to be. It was hyped up so hard that everyone expected the world from it when the dev told us exactly what we were getting. A character centric, cinematic heavy third person shooter.