By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Has Happened to Sony’s First-Party Exclusives?

mornelithe said:
Samus Aran said:

Actually that's the fault of gaming sites for rating games so highly. Metacritic uses a different defintion for movies because movie critics are usually less lenient than their video game counterparts.

It's the fault of gaming sites and gamer's collectively.  Gaming sites wouldn't have kept using it had gamer's had the same complaint week in and week out.  Again, we do have some control in this industry, but we're so separated into fifedoms of loyalty, that we've never really exerted that power before.

Funnier in Rio de Janeiro Carnival judging the minimum allowed score is 8. But watching the 4 judges for each of the 9 criterias for 12 contestants the lowest score I saw was 9.6 (that was discarded because it was the lowest the contestant got in that criteria) so effectively the lowest was 9.7...

In the end of the contest the difference between first and last place was less than 3 points in 270 possible. First and second place difference was 0.2 or 0.4 (don't remember perfectly).

So in that case I would say 9.5 utter shit, 9.6 really bad, 9.7 bad, 9.8 average, 9.9 good, 10 really good.... for it to get under that it would be abysmal (although for a laymen it is really hard to give less than 10 for pretty much anything, and since dirty money finance the contestants it would be quite hard to give a reaaaaaaaaaly bad score without retaliation of some form).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Samus Aran said:

You don't really believe this right? I can already tell you now that Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 will get 90%+ on metacritic.

I guess metacritic scores will be relevant then again? ;)

At least Nintendo doesn't release broken games that still get 80%+ on metacritic (like some third parties). And how did Halo: MCC get 87% on metacritic? It's still not working properly!

I do believe that if SMG launched on PS4 it would be said it is repetitive, rehashed IP, poor graphics and several other excuses to drop the score... I don't disagree of the love for Ninty games, but the scores seem inflated a lot of times.

I know there is a good chance BB and UC4 get over 90, but it is more possible 80-90.

Nope you won't see me thinking metacritic is relevant or true... at most you will see myself celebrating TLOUR got 95+ meta or several critical acclaim (although I preffer to play UC than TLOU).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UouyVg70kRM

Looks better than a lot of PS3 games actually.

Samus Aran said:
DonFerrari said:

I do believe that if SMG launched on PS4 it would be said it is repetitive, rehashed IP, poor graphics and several other excuses to drop the score... I don't disagree of the love for Ninty games, but the scores seem inflated a lot of times.

I know there is a good chance BB and UC4 get over 90, but it is more possible 80-90.

Nope you won't see me thinking metacritic is relevant or true... at most you will see myself celebrating TLOUR got 95+ meta or several critical acclaim (although I preffer to play UC than TLOU).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UouyVg70kRM

Looks better than a lot of PS3 games actually.

On your opinion... Don't think it tops any Uncharted, TLOU, GT, HR, etc. Anyway that isn't the point. The point is that I believe if Nintendo name wasn't there or perhaps Mario's figure it would have a lot worse score... Anyway I'll start playing my Mario Galaxy soon.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

MikeRox said:
Samus Aran said:

Yet you guys can't name me one similar game to SM3DL/SM3DW, MM, Splatoon, Fire Emblem: Awakening (perma death feature, your crew can fall in love with each other and have babies which you can recruit to your army thanks to a time travel element), XBX (and watch the Japanese direct bevfore you comment on this).

The general parts of the games are very VERY common. Yes they have their own aspects, but you can apply that to most good games. You however, make it out like Nintendo is the only developer in the world that does this and nobody else ever introduces a unique concept to their game.

Can you name me a game that combined Rock and Roll, 3D Platforming and Real Time Strategy like Brutal Legend?

this but he'll probably ignore it

Samus Aran said:
oniyide said:

Ratchet and Clank is a platformer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratchet_%26_Clank read up on it.

No it isnt, they both use the Ocarina of time to travel. For arguments sake lets say you are right (you arent). The original point is what had Nintendo done THIS gen to innovate, using a port of a game released on N64 negates your point anyway.

You didnt really discount anything else i said, so im gonna assume you concede defeat on those

There's no point in argueing with you. You say Splatoon is like Portal 2, Metroid Prime is like Halo and MM is like OoT.

Come back when you've played the games then I'll gladly engage in a discussion.

LOL you said Ratchet and Clank wasnt a platformer. You dont even know what GENRES you are arguing. Its ok you've embarrassed yourself enough in front of these people. Have a good night and dont fill up on crow

Around the Network
oniyide said:
MikeRox said:

The general parts of the games are very VERY common. Yes they have their own aspects, but you can apply that to most good games. You however, make it out like Nintendo is the only developer in the world that does this and nobody else ever introduces a unique concept to their game.

Can you name me a game that combined Rock and Roll, 3D Platforming and Real Time Strategy like Brutal Legend?

So I take it you can't name me a single game then.

Name me one game where you spray ink on the floor and the team that covers the most terrain in their color's ink wins.

Name me one game where you use the gamepad like you do in the Bowser mode of Mario Party 10.

Name me one platforming puzzle game where you play on diorama levels and can't jump. Because Captain Toad is entirely based around that concept.

Name me one game that uses the wall painting mechanic like in ALBW. Because the whole game is based around that simple (but ingenious) concept.

Name me one platformer that combines 2D and 3D elements like SM3DL and SM3DW. Crash also combined 2D with 3D elements, but in a different, equally innovative way. The 2D and 3D elements might not be new by themselves, but together they create something new.

oniyide said:
Samus Aran said:

There's no point in argueing with you. You say Splatoon is like Portal 2, Metroid Prime is like Halo and MM is like OoT.

Come back when you've played the games then I'll gladly engage in a discussion.

LOL you said Ratchet and Clank wasnt a platformer. You dont even know what GENRES you are arguing. Its ok you've embarrassed yourself enough in front of these people. Have a good night and dont fill up on crow

Ratchet & Clank is a action adventure game with some platforming elements. It's still not a platformer which has jumping from one platform to another as its main concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYYeKpvtuFY

This review sums up my thoughts well. Watch it through the end and not just the beginning. ;)

Samus Aran said:
Nate4Drake said:

This.

Infamous SS is a great game, Driveclub is a great game, and I'm also enjoyng the Order 1886.

I also enjoyed KillZone SF, a good and solid Lauch Game. Bloodborne will be a blast to play, and can't wait for Uncharted4.

It's only normal that sequels score lower if they don't change up enough.

Something that doesn't apply to Nintendo.

Lawlight said:
Samus Aran said:

It's only normal that sequels score lower if they don't change up enough.

Something that doesn't apply to Nintendo.

Look at Mario Party reviews lol.

Unlike many other companies, Nintendo actually changes a lot of things with its sequels. New Super Mario Bros. series is an exception, but they don't get high scores on metacritic anyway.

Samus Aran said:
oniyide said:

So I take it you can't name me a single game then.

Name me one game where you spray ink on the floor and the team that covers the most terrain in their color's ink wins.

Likely Mario Party already done similarly on MP 4

Name me one game where you use the gamepad like you do in the Bowser mode of Mario Party 10.

Use of a controller is an inovation Now?

Name me one platforming puzzle game where you play on diorama levels and can't jump. Because Captain Toad is entirely based around that concept.

Ecochrome?

Name me one game that uses the wall painting mechanic like in ALBW. Because the whole game is based around that simple (but ingenious) concept.

TV Show have one level about reforming a house and one of the main parts were painting.

Name me one platformer that combines 2D and 3D elements like SM3DL and SM3DW. Crash also combined 2D with 3D elements, but in a different, equally innovative way. The 2D and 3D elements might not be new by themselves, but together they create something new.

I haven't played SM3DL and DW, but Jak and Dexter use 2D and 3D elements, the same in R&C, not sure about who done it in the more competent way because I haven't played SM3DL and DW, but that isn't inovation as well, just improving on established things.

See answer in bold... Maybe you haven't played them so you wouldn't know, and probably there are also a lot of other games I never played that also have done the things you are asking about.