By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Has Happened to Sony’s First-Party Exclusives?

I think a big problem is that almost all focus has been on how this new generation performs graphically, and it seems to have taken precedence above gameplay in some cases. Also, people shouldn't pay TO much attention to review scores, they only tell parts of the whole picture.

Around the Network

It happened that the reviewers are now always asking for innovation, and then they give 8s and 9s as if it was raining to any frigging generic FPS which is not a PS4 exclusive.

I just checked the number sold on this site:
The Last of Us Remastered: 2.71 million
KillZone : 2.19
Infamous 2.16
DriveClub: 1.55 (with bundle in Europe)
Knack : 1.34 (Heavily bunbled in Japan)
Little Big Planet 3: 1.00

I am sure Sony is more or less happy with those numbers.

As long as people buy the games, and enjoy them, there is nothing wrong.

I can't really speak for The Order's overall quality as I've not played it, however, some of the review scores on meta critic are an utter joke. There are 2/10s on it. I don't think there are many games that if a reviewer was reviewing in good conscious would be able to give 2/10.

Shadowfall however deserved it's general lacklustre reception, after how amazing Killzone Mercenary was, the much higher budget big PS4 debut was a massive massive disappointment.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

sony 1st party titles age very quickly in the minds of gamers and most of the time sell less and less with each new game/sequel thats also why we see new IPs every generation.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Maybe you should ask why former Xbox editors are reviewing PS4 games

Wright said:

...but neither Heavy Rain, Metal Gear Solid IV and The Order are first-party games

I think that the game is 1st party as long as it's published by SCE so they Heavy Rain and The Order are 1st party, MGS IV is not.

They know ps4 is going to sell well anyways so why bother keeping an eye on what's going on with exclusive games? At least they should force their studios to have a minimum of quality as a goal because games like Knack are a shame.

No actually this is very typical

Motostorm, Heavenly Sword*, Lair, Folklore and even Uncharted 1. None of PS3's 2007 games were critically lauded. They've always been hit and miss. Microsoft and Nintendo have been more consistent then them, but have had far less original output.