By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Has Happened to Sony’s First-Party Exclusives?

GTAexpert said:Metacritic scores aren't the best way to compare the quality of the games.

I have seen this lately but have not figured out a better way. What is the best way of comparing the quality of games?

Around the Network

it's been lackluster so far,except for the last of us:remastered and infamous:second son.

baloofarsan said:
GTAexpert said:Metacritic scores aren't the best way to compare the quality of the games.

I have seen this lately but have not figured out a better way. What is the best way of comparing the quality of the games?

There is no better way. It's just a poor excuse. People might disagree with scores, but in general they do represent the quality of a game quite well.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Again a not PS player makes a thread trying to make PS games look bad.
And again i don't care about other people opinions. Moving on!

This user has been moderated for this post.

- Shinobi-san

RolStoppable said:

A console manufacturer who funds a game gets to call the shots, so they are 100% responsible for the quality of the resulting title, even in a case where they choose to forego their rights as a publisher and completely hand the reigns to the development studio.

In reality, the resulting game is first party (since it is funded by the platform holder who usually owns the resulting IP), but the term helps to distinguish independent studios from those directly owned by the platform holder. These studios may have exclusive publishing agreements (or other business relationships) with the platform holder, while maintaining independence.

Around the Network

This generation has been heavily disappointing. It's just the same games as last-gen but with prettier graphics, as well as unnecessary remasters. If we're gonna have remastered games, at least let it be of games ages ago.. would love to see a Super Mario 64 remake for the Wii U.

If anything I just feel reviewers have become a little more realistic in their ratings. Ratings just became very inflated during last gen. I felt that eventually every AAA game scored 80+ regardless of quality. We might now be moving away from this inflated scale (hopefully).

So far, only Wii U has 90+ exclusives (not including Last of Us remastered). PS4 and (Xbox One) will of course get their share but people should get used to slightly lower ratings. An 80 should be viewed as good, not as a bit disapointing.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

RealGamingExpert said:
baloofarsan said:

I have seen this lately but have not figured out a better way. What is the best way of comparing the quality of the games?

There is no better way. It's just a poor excuse. People might disagree with scores, but in general they do represent the quality of a game quite well.

Yes, if I am interested in a game I can use reviews as guidance but it will need a very low score (<50) to convince me not to buy. And I will not buy games I know I will not play despite it getting great scores (>90).

The person who wrote this doesn't know what first party means...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

grannamir said:
Again a not PS player makes a thread trying to make PS games look bad.
And again i don't care about other people opinions. Moving on!

Typical

PS ID Vasto_Horde. Feel free to look it up.

Some of the games I own.

The Last Of Us Remastered, Infamous Second Son and First Light, Killzone Shadow Fall, Littlebig Planet 3, Knack, Driveclub and The Order 1866.

Just because I post an article does not mean I agree with it. Its something I found interesting and wanted to know how people here feel about it. Thats what I do.