Forums - Sony Discussion - CLIFF BLESZINSKI opinion about The Order 1886

Do you agree with cliff?

Yes 72 53.33%

nope 63 46.67%

Total:135
vivster said:
walsufnir said:
vivster said:
What does he know? He only makes games. He's not an authority on these things! At least not as much as random gaffers!

Or anyone here “He doesn't agree with me and others so why would I care?“ -> expected answers.

We're humbled, Sony! For making a game that let's us easily discern between poeple who know something about games and common haters.

Let's say making it even more obvious than it was before.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
We can confirm that Cliffy B doesn't work for Sony.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Wow, CliffyB & Arjan Brussee the creators of Jazz Jackrabbit & Unreal played this game? I'm gladly heard his opinion.

walsufnir said:

Let's say making it even more obvious than it was before.

Its still just one mans opinion what does it matter if hes part of the industry, most restaurant reviewers on chefs. As they say opinions are like ass holes. We all have one. 

The general consensus is that this game is below averages like alot of AAA games that get released, but this is a first party exclusive, "So lets hate on it more than usual" -> Expected behaviour.

Here is a link with cliffy's twitch footage from the first hour of the game. http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/02/20/the-order-1886-on-ps4-heres-what-cliff-bleszinski-thinks-of-the-first-hour-of-the-game/

This is the first time I've watched any of The Order 1886 footage at length and I have to agree with what Cliffy is saying. Not until the 22 minute mark ,any real gameplay began. It got interesting once the action started but I feel from watching the video, it's roughly 70% cut scenes/quicktimes/walking 30% gameplay. Even when things began to get interesting, it would have a 7 minute cut scene followed by 10 mintes of walking to kill any momentum it had going. I'm sorry to any anyone who enjoys the game, but that doesn't sound like a good time to me.

I don't care how good looking a game is, the whole point of playing video games is to "play" not watch cut scene after cut scene, with a random quicktime thrown to remind the player they're still playing a game. There were other issues I had with the game such as lack of interacting/destructable environments, but those things didn't bother me as much.  

To sum it up: Narrative is way too forced on the player, with not enough actual gameplay. 

Around the Network

well he's the father of gears, so his opinion is valid

Of course Cliff didn't like it. He's one of those lame developers that puts a focus on gameplay.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I never agree with Cliff as a matter of principle, even when I agree with what he said. Too many people like to suckle on the teat of his opinions. It is good that he at least played the whole thing before giving his opinion.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

People value his opinion? O..K..

dukerx2 said:
People value his opinion? O..K..

Why not?

He invented Gears of war, THE BEST TPS ever...