By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CLIFF BLESZINSKI opinion about The Order 1886

Do you agree with cliff?

Yes 72 53.33%

nope 63 46.67%

Total:135
smroadkill15 said:

Here is a link with cliffy's twitch footage from the first hour of the game. http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/02/20/the-order-1886-on-ps4-heres-what-cliff-bleszinski-thinks-of-the-first-hour-of-the-game/

This is the first time I've watched any of The Order 1886 footage at length and I have to agree with what Cliffy is saying. Not until the 22 minute mark ,any real gameplay began. It got interesting once the action started but I feel from watching the video, it's roughly 70% cut scenes/quicktimes/walking 30% gameplay. Even when things began to get interesting, it would have a 7 minute cut scene followed by 10 mintes of walking to kill any momentum it had going. I'm sorry to any anyone who enjoys the game, but that doesn't sound like a good time to me.

I don't care how good looking a game is, the whole point of playing video games is to "play" not watch cut scene after cut scene, with a random quicktime thrown to remind the player they're still playing a game. There were other issues I had with the game such as lack of interacting/destructable environments, but those things didn't bother me as much.  

To sum it up: Narrative is way too forced on the player, with not enough actual gameplay. 

that is the point of the game. I am on chapter 5 and I actually look foward to the cutscenes because they are so well done and I can drink my beer while watching them.

Also I found this out last night, The Order makes some great drinking games. I was playing it with a friend (this game works well for this as even when you are watching you get alot out of it) and whoever was not playing had to take a shot of Jameson when ever the player completed a QTE. Needless to say we were pretty wasted after chapter 4... so far only one QTE was annoying the rest felt natural and well implemented.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

Fair enough. I respect his opinion.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Where is the English version please?

LudicrousSpeed said:
Dude Huge apparently streamed it on twitch yesterday. Wish I could have seen him playing it and giving impressions.

I could have streamed it off my ps4 for you instead.  And giving you some even better opinions. 

Thats funny coming from him. Maybe he doesn't see how similar the gameplay is to gears or how much better the story is.

Remind me why cliff is relevant since hes no longer on bros of war?

Around the Network

English version please.

Drakrami said:
Just CliffyB trying to get on the camera while the topic's hot. Nothing to see, move along folks.
Mikmster said:
I care about his worthless opinion as much as i would Adam Sandlers on fine cinema.

Rude.

The people who don't care about his opinion came into a thread about his opinion to state they don't care about his opinion? Logic

Kerotan said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Dude Huge apparently streamed it on twitch yesterday. Wish I could have seen him playing it and giving impressions.

I could have streamed it off my ps4 for you instead.  And giving you some even better opinions. 

Better? Uh..... no.

I hereby declare war against Ready at Dawn's definition of cinematic experience. Deary me, that was dreadful.
But on the bright side it makes those slow-paced first hours of recent 3D Zelda games feel a bit more eventful.