By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 is still a better all round console than PS4

the ps store load and runs much faster on ps4 and for me that's a plus.

Around the Network

Only thing worth whining about is the huge game files. The PS3 also used to have bigger save files, but with time they developed a way to make the games smaller sized. It definantly seems I will have to get a bigger hard drive in less then a year. Overall though the PS3 is very slow and is annoying to wait on. Going to have to disagree.

Well, if someone has none of them yet, and is planning to buy one...  I'd say they would do a lot better buying the PS3 now and leaving the PS4 for later on.  At the moment you get A LOT more games for less money.

EDIT: I think this could be applied to any console. IMO the PS3 is the better console overall on the market at this moment.

Now, of course this is gonna change when the 8th gen has more games, and is more affordable.

Nitpicking at its finest.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

I still love my PS3; customizing my background wallpaper and themes, storing videos and music on it, watching blu-rays... I still use it almost every day for something, even though I haven't played a game on it in forever.

I don't own a PS4 so I can't speak to how it compares in regards to the aforementioned areas, but I have played plenty of games on one and in that aspect, yeah, I like the PS3 much, much better than the PS4 time aligned. Same with the 360 vs the XB1.

It's the industry in general (3rd parties). If it wasn't for Nintendo's games, this gen would, so far, be a major letdown for me personally. Not to mention that the 7th gen HD twins' tech was just so much more impressive for its time than the 8th gen consoles are IMO.

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:j
the ps store load and runs much faster on ps4 and for me that's a plus.

And doesnt crash, i hate the ps3 psn store why has sony just changed it from the good old design to this mess today. At least ps4 is strong enough to handle it

My phat PS3 picks up Wifi at a longer distance than my PS4. :(

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

360>PS3>PS4

Things that are better about PS3 (my opinion)

1.) Backward compatible with PS1/PS2 games (yes, I know not all models are, but that's the model I had)

2.) You can BUY PS1 and PS2 games digitally and store them locally. No streaming required.

3.) Plays CD's

4.) User created backgrounds

5.) Free online play

6.) More media playback options (picture and sound settings etc.)

7.) Folders

8.) More Demos for games

9.) DS3's battery life is FAR superior.

Things that are better about the PS4 (again, my opinion)

1.) The system is MUCH faster thanks to all that RAM.

2.) The PS Store loads much faster.

3.) DS4 is better for FPS

4.) Share button/social media interactivity etc.

5.) It just looks better

Outside of the fact that PS4 has better looking games (which I didn't count because that's a given and the PS3 shouldn't be docked for not comparing to a next gen system), those are all the things I think it does better.

seriously i got a god damn Batman custom slide show on my PS3 as its background and like it so much more then just about any other background on the PS4.

plus as someone who likes to keep things organize would like folders so i can separate demos, Indie Games, full retail games i downloaded, and retail games i installed using a disc.

as well as having all of my PS1 classics work on my PS4 should of happened by now.