By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 is still a better all round console than PS4

ArchangelMadzz said:
d21lewis said:
For what it's worth, the Wii had a ton of features that the Wii U lost. And, while the Xbox One is updating pretty fast, there was a time when it was lacking features, too. The PS4 will be fine. It's just moving slowly.

A lot of features microsoft added and is adding on are things the PS4 already had day one, like screenshotting. They had to make up ground quickly as one of the updates last year allowed people to see how much storage they had left. They rushed it out completely.

I wouldn't say "a lot".  Screen shotting is definitely appreciated, though.  Before, the Xbox One didn't have external HDD support for movies and storage, didn't let you customize the background with personal images, hell it didn't even tell you how much power the controller had left!  They added all of this stuff and more.  Still lacks a few Xbox 360 features, though.

And the Wii used to have the Photo channel, the News Channel, Check Mii Out, etc.  

We all know what the PS4 is missing (and hopefully is going to regain, soon.)

Like others, I always felt that the end of the last gen is the minimum that the next gen should have.  It was pretty shocking losing features especially features I personally use all the time.  My PS3 has the entire Dragonball Z series and Justice League series saved to its HDD.  I go to sleep with them in the background, even to this day.  They're gaming consoles first but their non-gaming features get used all of the time.  It just seems odd that they would skimp.  Different priorities, I guess.

Around the Network

I like both consoles, but I have to say 3d gaming (if you have a high quality PASSIVE set) is amazing. You havn't played Resistance 3 until you play it in 3d. Also Doom3 is amazing in 3D. Both totally different games than in 2D. It should continue. I am convinced that a good percentage of the haters of it haven't actually used it or they don't know how to set it up. You can't just use the settings you have set up for NON 3D viewing. Also 2D and 3D both have to be properly calibrated. Using your naked eye, or out of box presets doesn't work.

No ps4 is miles better than ps3 it needs time to become what the ps3 is

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

It just takes time. Xbox One and X360 are going through the same thing where XBO doesnt have a lot of features X360 did. And with every update more of those features come back and more. PS4 will be the same way. In about 5 years both PS4/XBO will not be the same as they were in 2015.

As for games, PS3 has been out for 9 years so of course it will have more games. But PS4 will also have more games than PS3 released from this point forward