By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 is still a better all round console than PS4

The PS3 has been nurtured for many years, even after a disastrous start. The PS4 will surpass the PS3 in quality some time soon. They took everything that made the PS3 great and made it better. The software is lacking a bit, I admit, but new franchises are starting to come to light (The order 1886, bloodborne, driveclub) while old favorites are coming back to help out (LBP3, Rachet and Clanck reboot, Uncharted)

Be patience, young one.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

As much as I agree, it is simply early days.
The other things will come, just takes time.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

I agree with everything besides the image quality issue. PS4 not having a local Video Player, Music Player, and Photo Viewer is an absolute joke. Many of the people I know that had PS3 used it for those features and Netflix much more than they actually gamed on it. Even at a rate of at least 3 games a month, I even used the thing for other media and web browsing at least 50% of the time.

I can not believe all of the acceptence on this site, and even over on the PlayStation forums. PS4 is built on an X86 CPU, and a nearly off the shelf GPU. Video, audio, and photo software for this hardware has been available for years, and there are 100's if not more open source ways to implement them. There is absolutly no excuse for why Sony has not delivered this software. DLNA, 4K, and 3D should also be on the system by now. Why they would not be selling 3D and 4K content on the PlayStation Video service is way beyond me. That would actually be profitable, and they could get Samsung and Vizio 4K buyers into there ecosystem, not having this is absolute stupidity to me.

Then there is the support for gaming that is missing. Where is support for my GT Driving Force wheel? How about the PlayStation Move and all of its accessories? How about custom in game sounds and videos on a number of titles that have been released on PS4 that are missing the features from PS3? These are just some quick things off the top of my head.

By know everyone has to know I love Sony, and expect massive things from the PS4 thanks to PlayStation Vue. But, to deny its current short commings in comparison to PS3 is insane. It has some plus's thanks to the multitasking capabilities, and the overall quickness, but as a gaming platform, and a media platform it leaves much to be desired.

And, finally a question. For those that think things are all hunky dory. Would you be fine if the next iPhone or Galaxy Phone only had basic text, calling, and web browsing for over a year after release? If not, How is the PS4 any different? and, Would you be Ok with the PS5 comming out with less features than PS4 has right now?

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Fair enough, if you prefer custom backgrounds & media over a better gaming experience.

As far as stereo 3D goes I think you're in the minority of anyone who still cares.

My 8th gen collection

Ruler said:
Angelv577 said:j
the ps store load and runs much faster on ps4 and for me that's a plus.

And doesnt crash, i hate the ps3 psn store why has sony just changed it from the good old design to this mess today. At least ps4 is strong enough to handle it

It makes me think twice everytime I want to dig into the ps3 psn store, its just a mess.

Around the Network

The PS4 will have its own original non-HD remaster KH game so it's automatically better than the PS3

:P

shareplay,picture and video uploading alone makes ps4 better than ps3 feature wise for me :O

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I disagree,as everything just feels faster and more clean on the ps4.

The PS3 did have alot of development to its system, but I remember when I got it (July 08), it didn't even have an in game xmb, and loads of other features.

PS4 UI is faster to use than PS3 aswell. (And my X1 dare I say).

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

to me the ability to save gameplay clips and images effortlessly and download of data while in rest mode beats just about anything the ps3 could do

but yeah you do have a valid point on the lack of certain features like dlna