By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 is still a better all round console than PS4

Jesus man, apparently ya don't remember how bad the PS3 was early on? Also, the PS3 online store is still clunky after all of those years, the PS4 store is very smooth in it's functionality. The PS4 is in a way better place than the PS3 was, this early on in the gen.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Wiped said:

The image quality is much better on Blurays and Netflix.

I very much doubt this to be true. Can anyone else confirm this?

Definately true on youtube atleast compared to my wii u. But yeah ps4 is really limited compared to ps3. Bit better graphics and a hella better contoller. Eventually the games and apps will come

well give the PS4 9 years and then see if the PS3 is still better

Samus Aran said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Things take time. A new console can't instantly be better than a console that has been building up features and games for 7 or 8 years. Give the PS4 a few years and it will catch and then eclipse the PS3.

I think the Wii U does just about everything better than the Wii lol.

Eh well that isn't exactly hard to do

PS2 is even better, especially on PC.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Things take time. A new console can't instantly be better than a console that has been building up features and games for 7 or 8 years. Give the PS4 a few years and it will catch and then eclipse the PS3.

With backwards compatibility it easily can.

Now compare 2007 ps3 to 2014 ps4, go on, I dare you.

Ka-pi96 said:
Ruler said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Ruler said:
PS3 has more features but its quite bad for gaming like looking at your trophies and stuff or installing first before gaming in many games. The ps3 OS is very bad in comparison to the ps4.

The PS4 isn't exactly good for that either...

Where its not better? its way way faster to load them on ps4

Faster to load yeah, but no better to look at them. They are still in the same poor layout with no filters or anything. 3rd party sites are where you should be checking trophies, they well and truly put Sony's systems to shame.

Yes they made them better, they show also the rarity of the trophy to earn. psn profiles is a joke it shows my rarest trophies based on sales of a game, my rarest trophies are bronze and silver from catherine just because its a niche game no one played. A platin trophy shouldnt be showed as less rare than silver or bronze

The only better about the PS3 for me specifically is the games library.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I think you're just currently accustomed to the PS3. Give the PS4 as much time as you had with your PS3 then get back to us.