By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 is still a better all round console than PS4

Compare 2007 ps3 to 2014 ps4 and i disagree.

Around the Network

PS3 has more features but its quite bad for gaming like looking at your trophies and stuff or installing first before gaming in many games. The ps3 OS is very bad in comparison to the ps4.

Ka-pi96 said:
Ruler said:
PS3 has more features but its quite bad for gaming like looking at your trophies and stuff or installing first before gaming in many games. The ps3 OS is very bad in comparison to the ps4.

The PS4 isn't exactly good for that either...

Where its not better? its way way faster to load them on ps4

Ka-pi96 said:
Things take time. A new console can't instantly be better than a console that has been building up features and games for 7 or 8 years. Give the PS4 a few years and it will catch and then eclipse the PS3.

Pretty much. Ignoring the stuff the PS4 is inherently better at, in a few years it should have not only matched the PS3 is functionality, but exceeded it. It should also do most of those things better.

It's a fair criticism that Sony's current pace of feature implementation isn't great though (even if they've introduced a couple of really great one). Hopefully they pick up the pace in the coming months.

Sorry but I agree with OP.

If an old system had these feature logic would dictate that the next gen one would have them at launch too as the baseline.

Saying oh they will ad it later is an excuse for rushing out the hardware.The PS4 should have been as capable as the PS3 then by the end of the gen far more rich in functionality.

From a personal perspective I don't care as I have always used my consoles for gaming only, however I understand the frustration from people who enjoy those features.

Around the Network
Wiped said:

I don't really understand why Sony has still, more than a year after release, gimped the PS4 in so many ways.

i recently booted up my PS3 after a long absence, on my new 55" tv.

Then it hit me: PS3 is just better atm. My custom image backround looked amazing (A Wipeout HD photo mode pic), the image quality is much better on Blurays and Netflix, and all my music files, photos and videos are all on the XMB and shareable via DLNA. Games, too, are tucked into one folder in a list instead of dominating everything.

And PS3 3D: wow. Super crisp, stable, really adds a lot of depth, and so many great games like GT, Killzone and Uncharted support it. Granted my tv is excellent for 3D (Samsung ue55hu8000) but it's like a giant New 3DSXL. I miss this feature on PS4 games.

bascially PS4 has slightly better graphics and loading, and share functions, and a better controller. Everything else is worse :(

PS4 allows 3D in both blurays and games. It's just up to the developers to implement it in their games (but all 3D blurays work as intended on PS4).

Trine 2, Sniper Elite 3, Fez and Super Star Dust HD are 3D enabled on PS4 for instance.

Well, I think you should give the PS4 a little more time :).

I really don't see the Netflix difference at all and I have both systems hooked up next to each other and switch back and forth constantly. Custom backgrounds will be in the next update. I also switch between The Order 1886 theme and FFXIV theme both which have awesome background music to boot so a Wipeout pic is not really needed. Mp3 is half way there so far as you can use the USB music player feature. The only real feature that's missing at the moment is DLNA streaming but it's coming. (If you have Plex you can do it already)

As Kerotan already stated, compare it to the 2007 PS3. PS3 took a ton of time getting it's features back in the day. I can tell you one thing though, going from a DS3 to a DS4 controller is a dream! Not too mention no more rolling icons when trying to load trophies etc.

EDIT: Forgot my most cherished part of PS4. Game installing. Dragon Age Inquisition 45 GB install off the disk - 95 seconds. PS3 would probably take 95 minutes.

Ka-pi96 said:
Things take time. A new console can't instantly be better than a console that has been building up features and games for 7 or 8 years. Give the PS4 a few years and it will catch and then eclipse the PS3.

I think the Wii U does just about everything better than the Wii lol.

Better console? No, definitely not.
Better games? Maybe. It has many more and has been on the market for almost 9 years so there's a big library. Now compare both to their respective times. I think globally PS4 is doing everything just 100x better than PS3.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...