By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order is NOT Sony's answer to Ryse

Wow, everything makes a lot of sense after reading this thread!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Angelus said:

It is in fact Sony's counter to Xbox One letting you snap Netflix while playing games.

I mean let's face it, that perfect transition back and forth nonstop when you're playing CoD while watching a Michael Bay movie on the same screen....that's impressive. You got top movie visual productions on your right blowing up the golden gate bridge, and a generation's worth of refined gunplay on your left shooting terrorists on a crumbling golden gate bridge.

Hell it even synchronises perfectly when you go online. You're shooting raging teens on your left, Shia Labeouf is yelling his lungs out on your right....it just works man.

Since you can't do this on the PS4 Sony obviously felt they needed to prove they can still find their own ways to blend gaming and cinema together, even if they have to force it in unholy matrimony.

Thus we have the Order.

And another thread about it, cus I hadn't made one yet. Felt like I should probably get in on that before it stopped being cool. Hopefully I'm not too late

First of all, if it was Sony 's answer to Ryse, that would mean it was an uninspired piece of garbage created for the purpose of showing off graphics.

Second, PS4 doesn't need to be able to snap. Most TVs can do that for you.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:

First of all, if it was Sony 's answer to Ryse, that would mean it was an uninspired piece of garbage created for the purpose of showing off graphics.

Second, PS4 doesn't need to be able to snap. Most TVs can do that for you.

Hmm....suddenly I feel like I might have been wrong in the thread title

In reality Ryse was the proactive answer to The Order.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

starcraft said:
Jokes aside, given the insane hype, divisive nature of the title, and ultimately inadequate product, it feels more like Lair than anything else.

I'll still try to rent it tonight. See how it is.

Lol downplaying again. It had insane underhype, not hype. Also, The Order: 1886 is actually a very good game in some aspects while disappointing in others. Its no Lair for sure, wonder why you just HAVE to downplay everything Sony, I mean, cmon.

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:
starcraft said:
Jokes aside, given the insane hype, divisive nature of the title, and ultimately inadequate product, it feels more like Lair than anything else.

Lol downplaying again. It had insane underhype, not hype. Also, The Order: 1886 is actually a very good game in some aspects while disappointing in others. Its no Lair for sure, wonder why you just HAVE to downplay everything Sony, I mean, cmon.

I think...one of us doesn't understand what downplaying is.

For nearly a year, The Order appeared in just about every list of anticipated PS4 games that appeard on this website, and other leading forums. We can talk opinions all we like, but that just is.

And its true that there are a variety of opinions on this game currently, perhaps you have played it.

But if you feel it is a good game, whilst you may not be alone, you are certainly not in the majority - that much became clear yesterday.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
GTAexpert said:
starcraft said:

I think...one of us doesn't understand what downplaying is.

For nearly a year, The Order appeared in just about every list of anticipated PS4 games that appeard on this website, and other leading forums. We can talk opinions all we like, but that just is.

And its true that there are a variety of opinions on this game currently, perhaps you have played it.

But if you feel it is a good game, whilst you may not be alone, you are certainly not in the majority - that much became clear yesterday.

Majority doesn't mean a bunch of critics. It means the people who have the game or will buy it. It appeared on those lists, but pretty much all news related to it were negative impressions of the game. That isn't called hype.

And yeah, I've played it and while I wouldn't outright claim that its good, I would deinitely say that its incredible in some ways, and disappointing to me in others. Overall, I'm liking it, but I'm still just 2 hours into it.

LudicrousSpeed said:
platformmaster918 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Are people honestly trying to say The Order wasn't hyped? LOL

there was definitely more negativity and skepticism than hype.  I don't know how many times I said it would be CALLED hyped after launch despite the ridiculous fud campaign.  Most "hype" was people saying to wait and see or defending weird criticisms like it not being open world.  It was not praise just defense from haters, which is reasonable and not overhype.  It was pretty clear to most that it would be divisive.

Whether there was more negativity or skepticism than hype is completely irrelevant to whether it was hyped or not (I disagree, but who cares). There was loads of hype. And why wouldn't you say it would be called hyped after the launch? This is like the third or fourth time I've seen you point out that you "called it" in regards to people saying the game was hyped. Why do you need to "call" people putting the hyped label on one of the most hyped games of the year? Lets just go ahead and get it out of the way that Zelda Wii U, Halo 5, and Uncharted 4 will also be called "hyped" after launch. Let it be known that I made this prediction first.

And there's nothing "weird" about the complaints people had about the game. People who you funnily enough dub "haters". The hype must have really grabbed ahold of you on this one, buddy :(

nope a man has reasonable expectations like most.  Your perception of "hype" is apparently people defending it from people who wanted to hate every little detail and the sub-genre it was a part of.  If there are more negative articles than the game is not hyped.  I do agree Zelda U, Uncharted 4, and Halo 5 will be hyped.  This was a new IP that was greeted with everything from reasonable excitement (usually with some skepticism) to unreasonable hate.  Not overhyped sorry.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

jlmurph2 said:
platformmaster918 said:

there was definitely more negativity and skepticism than hype.  I don't know how many times I said it would be CALLED hyped after launch despite the ridiculous fud campaign.  Most "hype" was people saying to wait and see or defending weird criticisms like it not being open world.  It was not praise just defense from haters, which is reasonable and not overhype.  It was pretty clear to most that it would be divisive.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=196947

The people calling it underhyped (even you) in this thread were the ones hyping it up. You even say that you're "reasonably hyped".

reasonably being the key word.  Never thought it would be more than what it seems to be.  However I'm going to wait till I play it later today to see if I was right.  Reasonable hype=7/10 for me personally.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

TheSting said:
Natsu said:

How could you watch something while playing something? That would be extremly hard and take tons of skill

You can listen. I usually do it while im playing a football or basketball game. I snap Netflix TV(sporting event) or YouTube. Skill? Man come on lol. You can always pause if you feel or see something important coming up also.

Thats a good point, never really thought of that before :P