By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order is NOT Sony's answer to Ryse

jlmurph2 said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

Hype is simply a good amount of people believing a game will be good. Hence the hype thread with all the posters hyping it up. Even with one poster saying he hopes the game lives up to the hype. Are you just gonna tell them that their hype thread isn't a hype thread?

What is a good amount? Just because one person or even a group of people are hyped for a game does not make that game hyped in the general sense.

I knew a few people who were hyped over the movie Mordecai, they like Johney Depp. Would you say that movie which have gone on to make 7.7 mil on a 60 million dollar budget was hyped just because certain people were hyped for it (Hardcore Johney Depp fans pretty much).

Hype does not have to happen before something comes out too. Guardians of the Galaxy was not general hyped prior to release, but as soon as the reviews rolled in and word of mouth took hold it caught fire. Same thing with the Wii it hyped really peaked about a year after it launched.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network
small44 said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
jlmurph2 said:

"To me hype take into account how big people think it is going to be and how good it is."

You said this 30 minutes ago. That's why I showed you how big people think it is going to be and how good it is. Simple as that. Now you're trying to move the goalposts.

Define big. "This is going to be big" does not meaning anything or it could mean anything. It was literally a pointless post. If there was a general consensus of people saying This game will sell 5 mil + and will be a huge critical success than I would say it was hyped. A general consensus is not some random crackpot who just spouting of things, it means MOST people feel that way or at least have similiar feelings.

Everyone agreed Destiny was going to be big. There was no doubt. Most (there we plenty of dissenters) thought the game was a lock for at least an 85 meta, Many were predicting 90+ after the beta (some lowered it as Bungie mentioned how few planets you could visit and such). I saw numerous threads on many site discuss how many GOTY awards it would win. IGN was doing a Daily destiny reveal. Every site was running features on it multiple times a week. That is HYPE. A bunch a people arguing on forum about how bad a game will suck or not suck is not hype. It just meant its February and we have cleared most of the games that released during the fall and we are bored (pretty sure I recall The Order not being talked about much until after the Holidays, it was still on peoples minds but was not a focus).

There is a reason Sony moved The Order out of the fall lineup. They knew it would get buried.

The game have more pre-order then Uncharted 2 and  will probably sold 700-800k first week and between 3 and 4 millions lifetime for a new IP i think it's big

3 to 4 million would have been possible with good reviews and strong word of mouth. I dont see it now. I am hoping for 2 million really. BTW your now famous, you official the one who deemed The Order hyped.  ; ).

psn- tokila

Grand turismo was supposed to do bad because of review and it didn't have any effect.Destiny got bad review but was liked by many persons and hated by many person too so i don't think the game will be affeced by reviews

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

tokilamockingbrd said:
jlmurph2 said:

Hype is simply a good amount of people believing a game will be good. Hence the hype thread with all the posters hyping it up. Even with one poster saying he hopes the game lives up to the hype. Are you just gonna tell them that their hype thread isn't a hype thread?

What is a good amount? Just because one person or even a group of people are hyped for a game does not make that game hyped in the general sense.

I knew a few people who were hyped over the movie Mordecai, they like Johney Depp. Would you say that movie which have gone on to make 7.7 mil on a 60 million dollar budget was hyped just because certain people were hyped for it (Hardcore Johney Depp fans pretty much).

Hype does not have to happen before something comes out too. Guardians of the Galaxy was not general hyped prior to release, but as soon as the reviews rolled in and word of mouth took hold it caught fire. Same thing with the Wii it hyped really peaked about a year after it launched.

A good amount is when the majority of PS posters all over the internet can't stop talking about how amazing the game looks. Don't really know how your "few people" hyped over a movie ties into this. Did they go out and start a Mordecai campaign or something? 

And me quoting small44 was an example, not him being the person who made the order become hyped. The Order was hyped by PS fans as soon as it was announced at E3 2013

tokilamockingbrd said:

So there was a hype thread. Therefor it was hyped... Seems logical.

What's so hard to understand about this? lol you're trying so hard to downplay the excitement people had for this game.

But anyway, this is starting to get boring and off topic. Have a good night.

Around the Network

I never said i was hyped i was just said that the game will be big sale wise not quality wise

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

jlmurph2 said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

A good amount is when the majority of PS posters all over the internet can't stop talking about how amazing the game looks. Don't really know how your "few people" hyped over a movie ties into this. Did they go out and start a Mordecai campaign or something? 

And me quoting small44 was an example, not him being the person who made the order become hyped. The Order was hyped by PS fans as soon as it was announced at E3 2013

Alright. Well I have to get up early tomorrow.... Its been a good debate. It just symantics. There is no true definition of what hype is, it is just idea. So if to you hype means what you have stated, its not wrong. My definition is more rigid I guess, but to me I only consider very few games to be "hyped". Thanks again for keeping it civil its not to have debate without it turning into a shit show.

psn- tokila

tokilamockingbrd said:
jlmurph2 said:

Alright. Well I have to get up early tomorrow.... Its been a good debate. It just symantics. There is no true definition of what hype is, it is just idea. So if to you hype means what you have stated, its not wrong. My definition is more rigid I guess, but to me I only consider very few games to be "hyped". Thanks again for keeping it civil its not to have debate without it turning into a shit show.

Goodnight.

platformmaster918 said:
TheSting said:

You can listen. I usually do it while im playing a football or basketball game. I snap Netflix TV(sporting event) or YouTube. Skill? Man come on lol. You can always pause if you feel or see something important coming up also.

so you'd rather take up part of your screen doing that than listen to it on another device?  I'd rather use my 50" for gaming and keep the same aspect ratio

What you really wanna use it for is when you're achievement hunting, doing some meaningless task that otherwise bores you. Got your tablet/laptop next to you with a guide or something, and Netflix snapped to actually put something interesting on screen and make the time seem like it's passing faster

Angelus said:
platformmaster918 said:

so you'd rather take up part of your screen doing that than listen to it on another device?  I'd rather use my 50" for gaming and keep the same aspect ratio

What you really wanna use it for is when you're achievement hunting, doing some meaningless task that otherwise bores you. Got your tablet/laptop next to you with a guide or something, and Netflix snapped to actually put something interesting on screen and make the time seem like it's passing faster

I got 1000 GS in Saints row 4 and 890 GS in Gat out of hell while rewatching Scrubs. Snapping is definitely a top feature of Xbox One.