By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order is NOT Sony's answer to Ryse

platformmaster918 said:
TheSting said:

You can listen. I usually do it while im playing a football or basketball game. I snap Netflix TV(sporting event) or YouTube. Skill? Man come on lol. You can always pause if you feel or see something important coming up also.

so you'd rather take up part of your screen doing that than listen to it on another device?  I'd rather use my 50" for gaming and keep the same aspect ratio

Yea its not a bother at all to me. I use it a ton. I think it's a underrated feature of the console. You don't i see. That's cool

Around the Network

Are people honestly trying to say The Order wasn't hyped? LOL

1886/65

Bravo

S.T.A.G.E. said:
small44 said:
Ryse is an respond to God of war so Microsoft is the one who copying

Ryse isnt anything like God of War. Its more like Assassins Creed and Batman Arkham and as bad as it is its probably the best Action Adventure game Microsoft will have until Platinum gets done making a real hack n slash on their platform. Platinum Games makes titles which are more akin to God of War. 

It look similar to me at least some details

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9K3IssGTLw

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
small44 said:
Ryse is an respond to God of war so Microsoft is the one who copying

Ryse isnt anything like God of War. Its more like Assassins Creed and Batman Arkham and as bad as it is its probably the best Action Adventure game Microsoft will have until Platinum gets done making a real hack n slash on their platform. Platinum Games makes titles which are more akin to God of War. 

It look similar to me

Ryse isn't hack n slash

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

there was definitely more negativity and skepticism than hype.  I don't know how many times I said it would be CALLED hyped after launch despite the ridiculous fud campaign.  Most "hype" was people saying to wait and see or defending weird criticisms like it not being open world.  It was not praise just defense from haters, which is reasonable and not overhype.  It was pretty clear to most that it would be divisive.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

At first I thought this was about the screenshot feature Microsoft only just patched in and i was like how can you make that a joke about the order. It was something else but very well done. 6/10 - Not enough content.

platformmaster918 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

there was definitely more negativity and skepticism than hype.  I don't know how many times I said it would be CALLED hyped after launch despite the ridiculous fud campaign.  Most "hype" was people saying to wait and see or defending weird criticisms like it not being open world.  It was not praise just defense from haters, which is reasonable and not overhype.  It was pretty clear to most that it would be divisive.

Whether there was more negativity or skepticism than hype is completely irrelevant to whether it was hyped or not (I disagree, but who cares). There was loads of hype. And why wouldn't you say it would be called hyped after the launch? This is like the third or fourth time I've seen you point out that you "called it" in regards to people saying the game was hyped. Why do you need to "call" people putting the hyped label on one of the most hyped games of the year? Lets just go ahead and get it out of the way that Zelda Wii U, Halo 5, and Uncharted 4 will also be called "hyped" after launch. Let it be known that I made this prediction first.

And there's nothing "weird" about the complaints people had about the game. People who you funnily enough dub "haters". The hype must have really grabbed ahold of you on this one, buddy :(

platformmaster918 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=196947

The people calling it underhyped (even you) in this thread were the ones hyping it up. You even say that you're "reasonably hyped".

jlmurph2 said:
platformmaster918 said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=196947

The people calling it underhyped (even you) in this thread were the ones hyping it up. You even say that you're "reasonably hyped".

I guess my definition of hype is different. It seems most people's definition here is closer to what I would call awareness. The level of awareness on gaming websites and through marketing was pretty big. To me hype take into account how big people think it is going to be and how good it is. When even generous predictions have it selling (before reviews) 3-4 mil, and people were hoping for 77-82 Meta and maybe if all goes well 85 I dont call that hype.

The Avengers 2 = hype

Destiny = hype

Uncharter 4 = hype

Halo 5 = hype

All 4 franchises stated have or had an expectation of massive sales and great critical review. Destiny lived up to the hype in sales IMO, just not reviews (but I loved it)

If there is a movie this summer I would liken to the Order it is the Fantastic 4 reboot. People hope it will be good, no one expect greatness(hopefully it pulls a Guardians of the Galaxy shocker on us...), no expects huge box office revenue, but many think it can do well. I would not say F4 is hyped, but consumer awareness for the movie is very high.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.