By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ready At Dawn didn't make any mistakes with The Order

naruball said:
onionberry said:

well, too bad if you're so so offended. I'm just saying that a lot of pre-teens and teens buy games for graphics even if the games are not good or critically acclaimed.

Feel free to explain Lair's sales at any point.

I don't need to explain Lair's sales, plus that was a first year ps3 game when the ps3 was "doomed" The PS4 is the most hyped machine right now, with better sales too. History is your proof. A lot of teens and pre-teens that don't visit IGN are going to buy the game if the game is graphically good. Anyway, I don't see the problem with my first comment and I don't know why you're so offended by my non-offensive comment.

Around the Network
onionberry said:
naruball said:

Feel free to explain Lair's sales at any point.

I don't need to explain Lair's sales, plus that was a first year ps3 game when the ps3 was "doomed" The PS4 is the most hyped machine right now, with better sales too. History is your proof. A lot of teens and pre-teens that don't visit IGN are going to buy the game if the game is graphically good. Anyway, I don't see the problem with my first comment and I don't know why you're so offended by my non-offensive comment.

Wait, so you decide that's it's not offensive and that somehow makes it non-offensive? You've provided literaly no evidence to back up your claim and saying something as vague as "history is your proof" doesn't help your argument. Explain what you mean by that. Which games were bought just for their graphics and what are you basing that claim on? Anecdotal evidence, maybe?

naruball said:
onionberry said:

Wait, so you decide that's it's not offensive and that somehow makes it non-offensive? You've provided literaly no evidence to back up your claim and saying something as vague as "history is your proof" doesn't help your argument. Explain what you mean by that. Which games were bought just for their graphics and what are you basing that claim on? Anecdotal evidence, maybe?

Sr. you're too dramatic and I don't want to have dramatic conversations on the internet, it's a waste of time. And I would say sorry, but I won't, my comment was not for you, so you're offended because you want.

fatslob-:O said:
VanceIX said:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassin-s-creed-unity-and-rogue-sales-revealed/1100-6425264/

Before you go calling out people as liars, check to make sure you have your own facts straight.

That being said, yes, we are far off topic. To each his own.

I don't deal with SHIPPED numbers, it's SOLD TO CONSUMERS ...

If you can find me official numbers for sold, fine. If not, official reports for numbers shipped is the best I could find.

But anyway, we are already far off topic, and neither of us is going to change their opinion anytime soon. We'll see how the sales for this game goes, because, that's all we really can do.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Mnementh said:
It's like saying Uwe Boll made no mistake, he made the movies he envisioned. And it is very likely to be true.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uwe_Boll
Still, it isn't very good.

1. Boll has just one vision, makeing cheap movies with greymarket money and gameing IPs.

2. his movies are not that much worse than AAA titles, boll has talent and he knows how to minimise the costs.

3.  The Order is not like a boll film.  they realy tried to make a  good cinematic game, but failed because of reasons we dont know(i guess they didnt had a big boss who had a real vision, they worked to much as team and took feedback, thats not how great things are done)

Around the Network

If what they wanted to make was a piece of shit they can rest easy because they made one.

Nah I don't think anyone else will be fooled at this point, I've seen people bashing this game pretty much everywhere so nice graphics won't be enough this time.

Tachikoma said:
They have touted a 'filmic experience' from the very day it was revealed and have stuck by that, people surprised that the finished game feels more like a movie are ignoring the fact that it was the fucking point.

That is not the reason it getting bad review-scores.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

fatslob-:O said:

What the developer makes and what they envision usually almost always matches since that's how they intended it to be so calling their intentions as "mistakes" is mostly an oxymoron ...

You're right, The Order is no mistake. Some people will like the game and it probably matches the vision developers had. The mistake is the hype it got.

Let's take another example: Unepic. It has also scores in the 60s (hmm, 68 on PC, 72 on WiiU, probably because of small number of reviews and WiiU was later and more refined). But I like the game and I'm pretty sure it matches more or less the vision of the developer Francisco Téllez de Meneses (yes, it's made only by one person). So, had we this sort of hubbub with Unepic as reviews were released? No. Why? Because Unepic had scored way lower on the hype-scale. The Order got a lot more hype. That's why the review-scores were much more a point of discussion and we have gazillions of threads about the game. And that was the mistake. A plethora of games fly through with meta-scores in the 60s, and nobody cares.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

deskpro2k3 said:
RAD made the game exactly how they wanted, and they told everyone exactly what kind of game they were making.

People wanna criticize and act surprised like they didn't know. Believe it!

No, the point isn't that people are surprised. Many feared that since the reveal. But here is the point: a lot of defenders came and tried to smother each critic with lots and lots of posts. Everyone would have gone by long ago, if it wasn't for the rabid defenders, that couldn't accept the game will turn out mediocre. We have lots of games with review-scores in the 60s, but it seldom creates such an uproar. The reason this is different is because the hype was bigger than the game.