By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 Review Thread - Meta: 66

The Order is Sonys Ryse. Im sure Ill like the game a lot but it was always going to have terribad reviews since its not open world and is short, it starts from like 7 instead of 10 because of that.

Around the Network

Sad that games like DLCvolve get a higher meta than The Order.

Thanks jlmurph!

Oh my goodness...

Anyways who cares lets move on, Bloodborne will handle it for Sony

And, like I predicted, this game didn't do that great, critically. I dunno what Polygon was talking about, R@D having a "rock solid track record". They have no track record when it comes to original ideas. Only taking other people's games and repeating the formula (Daxter from J&D, GoW PSP games, and an Okami port). We have no precedent to think that their own IP would be "rock solid".

Glad I didn't get my hopes up for this. Yes, we should try and support new studios and cultivate new ideas/IPs, but when your forte is re-hashing established IPs, with proven formulas, I take your "original" idea with a grain of salt. Because they probably thought highly of themselves based on their resume (their previous games at 80+ metas) and thought that that would translate into their own game. That rarely works.

Around the Network

Metascore is at 66 with 42 critics.

Ryse Son of Rome, meet you sole-mate.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

walsufnir said:
I wonder if RAD will feel the need to respond again (and I really hope they don't).

Agreed. Communication is not their strong point at all. From all the "filmic" bullshit they gave us about 30 frames per second being better to the black bars being more cinematic, they had this coming. Even with all the negative press and significant delay of the game, it is still riddled with the issues that the media called out over a year ago(stacks of QTE, linear gameplay etc).

That's unfortunate but I'll still pick it up when its cheap as it still looks amazing.

That is a shame. Oh well, I still look forward to it.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian