By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 Review Thread - Meta: 66

Tagged.

Anyway, hopefully it will turn out better than expected. I'm expecting low to mid 70's.

Around the Network

It begins.

I thought I knew. Now I'm not sure. This is going to be really, really interesting.

This is going to be very interesting. I predicted low 70s so anything higher would be a nice surprise.

I'm expecting mid to high seventies. Which is competent. And I expect trolls to say "lolz flopz" and defenders to say "it should be higher! Trickery!" and blind haters (that aren't trolls :P ) to say "it should be lower! Trickery!" At least I have a front row seat to the circus.

On a side note, if embargoes didn't run so darn long a lot of this drama could be avoided. Unless of course...

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
I'm expecting mid to high seventies. Which is competent. And I expect trolls to say "lolz flopz" and defenders to say "it should be higher! Trickery!" and blind haters (that aren't trolls :P ) to say "it should be lower! Trickery!" At least I have a front row seat to the circus.

On a side note, if embargoes didn't run so darn long a lot of this drama could be avoided. Unless of course...

Mid 70s would be interesting, coming the day after a Nintendo exclusive gets a 75 meta score. The levels of vitriol in this thread compared to that one, for the same kind of score, would be very telling

I'll predict a Metascore in the 60s.

Nuvendil said:

I think this will be the new Heavy Rain.Mid to high eighties.

Nuvendil said:

I get why they use embargos

1. Reviewers would be rushing out reviews to be the 1st one on the street thus giving shittier reviews than they already go

2. They dont know how they are going to turn out, and if it review poorer than they hoped it could kill hype

3.  And of course the one everyone always assumes - They know their game sucks and they dont want people to know for as long as possible (if this were the case with the order they would be been more careful with all of the copies that got out early dont you think?)

I am leaning towards 1 being the primary reason with 2 being a factor.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:
Nuvendil said:

I get why they use embargos

1. Reviewers would be rushing out reviews to be the 1st one on the street thus giving shittier reviews than they already go

2. They dont know how they are going to turn out, and if it review poorer than they hoped it could kill hype

3.  And of course the one everyone always assumes - They know their game sucks and they dont want people to know for as long as possible (if this were the case with the order they would be been more careful with all of the copies that got out early dont you think?)

I am leaning towards 1 being the primary reason with 2 being a factor.

Another reason is so they get complete coverage. Having an embargo means all reviews release at almost the exact same time, which is what the publisher wants.

They want you to go to IGN and see The Order review as the main feature, then if you use another site, say Gamespot, they want you to go there and once again, see The Order as the main feature.