By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How long until PS3 Totally outsells 360?

yes i know ill prolly be flamed for posting this thread, but im honestly not trying to be a fanboy.. just asking for your opinion, or estimates..

ps3 sells 11 million this year.

360 sells 7 million.

yes i know wild numbers but that will bring ps3 to about 22 million and 360 to like 26 million.

if 360 sold less in 07 than it did in 06 and 07 had the best games 360 has ever produced (least thats my opinion), then i dont see it selling more than 6 mill in 08. and lets face it, the 360 game list in 08 doesnt compare to the games of 07 and late 06 (gears of war).

ps3 on the other hand sold about 8 50 million consoles last year, and that has yet to improve especially with the games this year and its variety in genres. also blu ray will be a factor in ps3 sales maybe for christmas 08, and also home and in game xmb, and ps store update, which should give xbox live a run for its money. also its free.

maybe ms can do something with that 60gb 360. gears 2 will sell some consoles (hell ill prolly pick up a 360 to play that game with my firends). 

i could write more but 

. im going to watch wwe so im not going to reply for like 30 mins.. 

please leave your thoughts/estimates/opinions w/e. 

Around the Network

A more prudent questions is "Will the PS3 ever totally outsell the Xbox 360?"

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Definitely not this year maybe next year but def by 2010.

starcraft said:
A more prudent questions is "Will the PS3 ever totally outsell the Xbox 360?"

yes, i'd speculate that it will.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Look at my signature, thats all you need to know.

mM
Around the Network

mid 2009 i am thinking

^great way to get free games and accessories for PS3,360,Wii,PSP and DS. Residents of US,UK,CANADA and AUSTRALIA (It actually Works i have done it and their is testimonials with pics)

I think if MS can maintain momentum this year, the PS3 won't outsell it ever, or at least not until MS is one year into the rein of it's next platform alongside the 360.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

leo-j said:
Look at my signature, thats all you need to know.

Ah...that's quite a claim from avinash_Tyagi if he/she is serious. They said the entire PlayStation family put together....that means the PS1, PS2, PSP, and PS3. 

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

CaptainPrefrences said:

if 360 sold less in 07 than it did in 06

You're wrong.

Shipped isnt sold. 

Predictions: 2008/2009

Wii 42-45 M / 71-75M

X360 24-26M / 38-40M
PS3 20-21 M / 30-34M

Can I get extra mushrooms and cheese on my pizza?

By the time the PS3 outsells the 360, MS will move on to the 720, and PS3 will beat the Wii AND the 360 by default.