By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How long until PS3 Totally outsells 360?

starcraft said:
I think if MS can maintain momentum this year, the PS3 won't outsell it ever, or at least not until MS is one year into the rein of it's next platform alongside the 360.

The PS3 is also gaining momentum...only 7 million behind the 360 and catching up pretty quickly since it has been outselling it world wide for a while now. I don't see it happening this year, but probably within 2-3 years...or at least pretty close to the 360. I doubt it will get much past it though...both will probably have periods without the generation of getting ahead and behind each other.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Around the Network

i know its going to be this year, but probably around the fall season

Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
leo-j said:
Look at my signature, thats all you need to know.

Ah...that's quite a claim from avinash_Tyagi if he/she is serious. They said the entire PlayStation family put together....that means the PS1, PS2, PSP, and PS3.

Ahhh you seem to be unfamiliar with the delusional wii fanboy avinash, well to let you know he is quite serious andeven states it in his own sig.

Can't see it anytime soon. Vgchartz has recorded around a 7 million gap difference between the two so far, so there will be events that could boost/lower the gap through this year (stuff like price cuts come to mind). But I'm guessing somewhere around 2009/2010 the PS3 might have a chance of overtaking the 360.

I think sometime in 2009. It'll be one of those things that both camps can claim as a positive:  the PS3 ends up with a higher LTD at the end of the generation, but the 360 managed to maintain a LTD for 3 years of the generation, making it a much stronger competitor than the Xbox had been in the previous generation.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

starcraft said:
A more prudent questions is "Will the PS3 ever totally outsell the Xbox 360?"

HAHA!

madskillz said:
Can I get extra mushrooms and cheese on my pizza?

By the time the PS3 outsells the 360, MS will move on to the 720, and PS3 will beat the Wii AND the 360 by default.

If MS moves onto the next generation of Xbox by 2009, then they're going to put themselves in rather deep shit.

Jan 1st 09

360 is on is death bed. Even the biggest vg fanboys cant deny its fall and the fact it hit its peak with Halo3 and that theres no where to go but down way down.

Its VERY simple.

Huge releases like MGS4 GT FF will push PS3 hardware way beyond the 360 during their releases, then xmas 08 will come where the PS3 brutally out sales the 360 by many millions world wide.

Also 360 wont hold on to its only strong hold (shooter heaven USA) when Sonys got the likes of MGS4 Resistance2 Killzone2 Socom Confrontation and Socom4 as Exclusives.

It all depends on how GTAIV and the price cut affects sales. If Microsoft manages to own GTAIV's launch it'll take the PS3 a lot longer to catch up. Sony is lucky that the Xbox 360 isn't popular in Japan.