By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How long until PS3 Totally outsells 360?

CaptainPrefrences said:
starcraft said:
People peg me as a fanboy for the 360, but while im a fan of it, im really not a fanboy. I want to see all three of the consoles do well and be as close as possible.

My best case scenario for this generation:

Wii comes close to being caught by both HD consoles, which finish up with almost equal levels of sales to eachother.

Now THAT would generate competition that breeds price-drops and good games.

you say wii will be close to being caught by ps3 and 360.

but you dont give ur prediction for 360 and ps3 surpassing eachother?

He said "best case scenario".  It's what he wish would happen, not what he thinks will happen. 

Around the Network
CaptainPrefrences said:
starcraft said:
People peg me as a fanboy for the 360, but while im a fan of it, im really not a fanboy. I want to see all three of the consoles do well and be as close as possible.

My best case scenario for this generation:

Wii comes close to being caught by both HD consoles, which finish up with almost equal levels of sales to eachother.

Now THAT would generate competition that breeds price-drops and good games.

you say wii will be close to being caught by ps3 and 360.

but you dont give ur prediction for 360 and ps3 surpassing eachother?

I didn't say the 360 and PS3 will catch the Wii, I said I "hope" they come close.

Honestly, I don't think the PS3 will EVER lead the 360 by enough or at the right times to gain a significant developer advantage.  And developer support should be the ONLY reason that anyone cares how their console sells.  The possible exception is price drops, but then people should want the PS3 to catch the 360 and then stay around it's sales in order to generate competition.  I don't see many of the PS3 fanboys in this thread wishing for that though. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Mars said:
wii wont even come close to PS2 sales, it wont even break 100 mill.

Nintendo know that them selfs, if they believed wii to be a long term console with such huge sales they would have met demand. But they are smart enough not to blow billions on new manufacturing plants when high sales will be short lived.

The high sales may be short lived.  If sales were slowing even a little, you might have something to go on, but they aren't, so you don't.  The Wii is selling phenominally well, and it has yet to gain much 3rd party support.  As 3rd parties begin to take the system seriously (and they'll have no choice not to, given it's sales), it's game library will expand, giving the console longevity far past it's initial hype.

@ mars

i think teh wii can pass ps2 sales IF it sells like its doing now for like 10 years.