By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How long until PS3 Totally outsells 360?

^ wow mayn.

you seriously have no life then?

just cause i have a ps3 im a f anboy? wow seems liek u get shit for everything u do these days.

do u even have a system?

Around the Network

juz cuz i gotz mario mean i a marioz boy?

Admit you were wrong and take back all your insults man.

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

no answer my question.

do you have a system?

And why did you give me shit for saying "Devil May Cry sold 862,174 for 360 and 692,100 for the ps3, fail." I was correct because as disolitude stated, you don't add Japan numbers because Japan don't like gtas.

I'm giving you "shit" because you insulted me. Calling you a fanboy is much better than what you deserve for calling me old in need of a cane, retarded and 11.

Yes I have a Wii 360 psp and DS I don't have a ps3.

Around the Network

depending on when FF13 and GT5 release I think it will be mid 2009 -> end 2009

Jandre002 said:
madkiller said:
Considering that the PS3 is barely outselling the 360 WW by 50k units it would take the PS3 about 140 weeks to pass the 360 at that rate. Plus, the 360 is getting price drops now and the PS3 will NOT have anymore price drops for a while despite what the fanboys think. The PS3 will not catch the 360 for at least 2 years, if ever. Plus, the Wii has already won this generation and Sony will still have an overall loss for this generation after having huge profits the last 2 generations. Also, BluRay will not be some huge technology that makes Sony lots of money like so many fanboys believe it will. Solid state drives and faster download speeds will increase the popularity of downloadable content and there might be something better than BluRay that comes along in the next couple of years before BluRay can even make a dent in DVD sales.

Thus far this year the PS3 has outsold the 360 around 3:2. That means if the Xbox360 reaches 8,000,000 this year, at this rate the PS3 would outsell it by 4,000,000. This is at a higher price point and without key titles that are, quite frankly, better sellers globally than anything the Xbox360 has to offer.

Your clearly a Sony hater, but lately people like you can only be bitter because everything Sony is doing so well. Sony will make a profit on the PS3 by the end of this generation, and the gaming division in whole will keep covering any further PS3 losses. Digital downloads WILL NOT be global any time soon. Speeds, higher fees from internet providers for higher usage, and just the ability to have a physical copy of your movies stops that from happening. Also, people still buy most their products from stores, and stores like BR over DD because it comes people coming in to stores. Blu-Ray will be marketed with every HDTV that sells this Christmas and well see Blu-ray rise quite a bit before the average person even knows digital downloads is an option.

First of all, "your" and "you're" are two different words and you used the wrong one like so many morons do. Secondly, your post makes no sense. What do you mean the 360 reaches 8 million? The 360 has sold almost 18 million WW and PS3 is almost 11 million. That is a 7 million difference sold WW. My numbers are 100% accurate and apparently all the Sony retards on this website suck horribly at math. If the PS3 outsells the 360 WW every week by 50k units it will take 140 weeks to even catch the 360 in WW sales. However, the 360 is already receiving price cuts which will increase sales. The PS3 will NOT, I repeat, NOT receive a price cut anytime really soon. This means that the 360 will sell the same or more weekly due to the price cuts it receives, which means that it will take longer for the PS3 to even catch the 360, let alone pass it. The PS3 will probably NEVER catch the 360 in WW sales unless Sony is stupid enough to actually try to sell the same system for 10 years. The PS3 will never do PS2 numbers and the PS2 is only gonna make it to 8 years. Sony fanboys need to wake up and smell the coffee, plus grow some brains. GT4 on 360 will outsell the PS3 version by at least 2 million copies, period. The PS3 is an overpriced POS with no games still. I have a 360, a Wii, and a PSP that cover all the games I want to play. The so called "big games" for PS3 are all crap IMO.

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

^ biggest 360 fanboy comment ever. jesus christ.

you need to actually research teh games that are out there for ps3 and are coming up.

you can pm me back when ps3 outsells 360 in total.

well....very late in the generation - more like 2010
cause Ps3 and 360 sales are even now, so PS3 is not making up much ground. Plus, factor in a price cut for the 360 (Yes I know that sony can counter but that's beside the point), and some other games in the future (Gears 2), the 360 will remain just about even in sales at least into next year. Even is the PS3 starts gaining a lot of ground, it still has several million to catch up-no easy task. Therefore, I don't see how some ppl can say it will have caught up by the end of 2008. It would like have to sell faster than the Wii (Fastest selling console of all time)

CaptainPrefrences said:
^ biggest 360 fanboy comment ever. jesus christ.

you need to actually research teh games that are out there for ps3 and are coming up.

you can pm me back when ps3 outsells 360 in total.

I am not a 360 fanboy, I am not a fanboy period. I owned a PS1 and PS2 when they were brand new and I currently own a PSP and a $1300 Sony Bravia XBR HDTV. I have owned many, many Sony products over the last 28 years I have been alive. However, the PS3 is nothing special IMO. The price is still too much to pay and it has no games on it that I want to play. The Final Fantasy series has sucked since part 10 and Metal Gear Solid was only good for the original on PS1. Also, LBP doesn't seem to be a big deal to me, I will be playing Spore. And I really can't believe that Sony fanboys are acting like KZ2 is going to be awesome or something. The first KZ was mediocre at best and the new one will be the same with better graphics, big deal. Lost Odyssey, which I just completed, is way better than any FF game since part 9 on PS1. The games on PS3 are the same rehashed crap that was released on PS2 with better graphics and nothing else. Even the Gran Turismo series has become stale IMO and I used to love it. Gran Turismo 1-3 were good and 4 just added new cars and was overall not nearly as good.

"If you don't like me, bite me!"