By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How long until PS3 Totally outsells 360?

Legend11 said:
saprano1 said:
what shock's me the most is that people seem to be ok with the idea that microsoft will have another console ready buy 2010. how is that ok?......that would mean who ever buy's it now is only gonna get 2 and half years out if it. at least with ps3,who ever gets it now, there gauranteed another 6 years out of it, or when sony decide's to stop production.

What shocks me is that you're so willing to state something as fact without actually having anything to back it up.

facts? look at xbox1, only lasted 4 years, and its already been hinted that microsoft next system will be coming in 2010. as for ps3, sony has always said they will support ther console's for 10 years, ps2 is going on 8 YEAR'S now..........how'a that for facts.

Around the Network

First couple of comments about original post.

360 sold more to consumers (what VGChartz attempts to track) in 2007 then it did in 2006.

360 is already ahead of 2007 sales in 2008. By my quick calculations it is about 300K ahead of 2007 through February. This happened even though the 360 was in short supply in January and February. So predicting lower sales in 2008 is foolish.

Other thoughts...

Interesting thing about this thread is that nothing changed after the recent price reduction announcement for 360 in Europe.  360 sales are certainly going to spike in Europe particularly with GTA4.  Price reduction in NA is certainly coming as well.

GT5P is not the same game as GT5 and will not provide the spike in PS3 sales some are hoping.
Killzone 2 is still an unproven commodity and can not be counted on to spike PS3 sales. Lets see if the finished game looks as good as the demo and lets see if the game itself is any good.
MGS4 isnt going to spike hardware sales much. MGS4 has been the #1 hype machine for the PS3 since E32005. Since MGS series isnt the sales generator that things like GTA, Halo, Madden I believe a very large percentage of existing PS3 owners are people waiting for MGS4.  More so than any single other title on any other platform.

If you believe MS is going to drop the 360 before 2011 your fooling yourself. The 360 hardware is selling at a profit now. The XBOX never did that. That is why MS did what they did before.  MS wants the 360 to continue to live even when the next XBOX is out.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

I'm on my Wii, so I can't see the earlier pages. That said, The PS3 was 7 million units behind, a year ago. It's about 7 million behind now. Yes, it's doing better, but the 360 isn't sucking either. The only way the PS3 outsells the 360 completely is if Microsoft stops supporting the 360 completely in favor of their next console, while Sony pushes the PS3 for ten years.

saprano1 said:
Legend11 said:
saprano1 said:
what shock's me the most is that people seem to be ok with the idea that microsoft will have another console ready buy 2010. how is that ok?......that would mean who ever buy's it now is only gonna get 2 and half years out if it. at least with ps3,who ever gets it now, there gauranteed another 6 years out of it, or when sony decide's to stop production.

What shocks me is that you're so willing to state something as fact without actually having anything to back it up.

facts? look at xbox1, only lasted 4 years, and its already been hinted that microsoft next system will be coming in 2010. as for ps3, sony has always said they will support ther console's for 10 years, ps2 is going on 8 YEAR'S now..........how'a that for facts.

Show me where Microsoft has hinted any such thing.  Please feel free to post a link because I haven't seen anything other than smoke and mirrors from you.

I take that back CaptainPrefrences you are now a triple failure. Just like the ps3!!!!

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

Around the Network

I say on October 14th 2009

Need people to play online with me for Brawl.
4382-1731-1511.

Name is DROAK.  

plzdontbanme said:
I take that back CaptainPrefrences you are now a triple failure. Just like the ps3!!!!

lol. just because i proved you wrong, ( you said dmc4 ps3 sold 600k), doesnt mean u have to hate on the ps3.

typical mario boy. you must be like 11 then?

Again you don't add numbers form Japan read his fucking post

"Infact, tell me a multiplatform game that sold more on PS3 than on 360, counting Europe and NA... since Japan really doesn't buy much GTA."

You fail for a 4th time.

Typical ps3 fanboy. Skipping over important information while reading. No wonder you like the ps3.

Lol I pwned you so bad even if I start insulting your mother you still won't come out of hiding and reply.