By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How long until PS3 Totally outsells 360?

@ starcraft

People were blown away by Lair as well.

The game mostly received scepticism from the US press before release and Lair does have its moments where the game really shines. Have you actually played the game?

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
MikeB said:
@ starcraft

People were blown away by Lair as well.

The game mostly received scepticism from the US press before release and Lair does have its moments where the game really shines. Have you actually played the game?

I played it in JB Hi-fi shortly prior to its release for about 20 minutes.  The game didn't receive any scepticism from the US press until VERY soon before it's release.  Before that, many people were thinking it was the game that would have them buying a PS3 (I know, I was one of them).

You don't acknowledge the possibility (likelihood) that Guerilla are simply showing us the best parts of the game, those few "shining" moments? 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

libellule said:
About all the things about software sales PS3vsXbox360:

CHECK THE USERBASE !!!

then u will understand PS3/Xbox360 are selling at a similar rate.

And remember this topic is about hardware sales, not softwares sales !!!

thanks for pointing out a simple fact... atleat somebody has sanity while arguing on this forum..

PS3 userbase in NA and Others = 8.7 m

X360 userbae in NA and Others = 17 m

and they r expecting a game to win on PS3... incredible!!!... i don't think even any PS3 fanboy expects X360 to be used as a paper weight just yet... may be in a couple of yrs

madkiller said:
Considering that the PS3 is barely outselling the 360 WW by 50k units it would take the PS3 about 140 weeks to pass the 360 at that rate. Plus, the 360 is getting price drops now and the PS3 will NOT have anymore price drops for a while despite what the fanboys think. The PS3 will not catch the 360 for at least 2 years, if ever. Plus, the Wii has already won this generation and Sony will still have an overall loss for this generation after having huge profits the last 2 generations. Also, BluRay will not be some huge technology that makes Sony lots of money like so many fanboys believe it will. Solid state drives and faster download speeds will increase the popularity of downloadable content and there might be something better than BluRay that comes along in the next couple of years before BluRay can even make a dent in DVD sales.

Thus far this year the PS3 has outsold the 360 around 3:2. That means if the Xbox360 reaches 8,000,000 this year, at this rate the PS3 would outsell it by 4,000,000. This is at a higher price point and without key titles that are, quite frankly, better sellers globally than anything the Xbox360 has to offer.

Your clearly a Sony hater, but lately people like you can only be bitter because everything Sony is doing so well. Sony will make a profit on the PS3 by the end of this generation, and the gaming division in whole will keep covering any further PS3 losses. Digital downloads WILL NOT be global any time soon. Speeds, higher fees from internet providers for higher usage, and just the ability to have a physical copy of your movies stops that from happening. Also, people still buy most their products from stores, and stores like BR over DD because it comes people coming in to stores. Blu-Ray will be marketed with every HDTV that sells this Christmas and well see Blu-ray rise quite a bit before the average person even knows digital downloads is an option.

@ starcraft

Give Killzone 2 a chance to prove itself:

GamesRadar Aug 16, 2007,

"After one pre-rendered trailer, 135 developers, 40 million dollars, and a typhoon of internet abuse, Guerrilla has finally done it - they’ve proven to the world that Killzone on PlayStation 3 not only exists in playable form, but looks just as good as the “target footage” shown at E3 2005. At an exclusive unveiling in Los Angeles, we were treated to a live 30-minute demo of the game in action, with director Mathijs De Jonge and producer Steven Ter Heide playing a level in real-time, with a Sixaxis, on PS3."

"The primary emotion, relief, was soon replaced with a tingling delight that Sony had lived up to the standards of that E3 2005 trailer. In 30 minutes, Sony transformed the perception of PS3 from an overpriced extravagance populated by me-too Xbox 360 ports, to the most exciting, important console in the world."

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Give room for the possibility that its not going to be a AAA title MikeB. We have seen nothing since that article (I expected a technical demo at GDC at least), but we HAVE had rumours of mismanagement and mediocrity.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

""we HAVE had rumours of mismanagement and mediocrity.""

==> "rumors"

I have heard rumor about "Too Human" mediocrity too

there are plenty of rumors on the internet ...

(SurferGirl is anti-Sony, all is said)

Time to Work !

"i find it funny that the "3 big 360 games of 2008" ninja gaiden 2 gears 2 and fable 2 are all sequels."

MGS4, God of war, GT, Final Fantasy 13 and Killzone are sequels too, moron!

The earliest I can see this happening is XMAS 08, because naturally it's Christmas. However, I think it will be more like mid-2009. 360 is still doing well and has price cuts coming.