By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How long until PS3 Totally outsells 360?

madkiller said:
Gerinako said:
For those that believe you can say anything you want without action think again. a.k.a 'Freedom of Speech'

There's been quite a few cases recently in England resulting in court cases due to comments made on internet forums, some trivial admittedly. But it's happened.

First off, I don't live in Europe, I live in the United States. Secondly, you cannot get into trouble for calling someone a retard in this country buddy. If you could, everyone here would be in trouble for talking about President Bush, let alone random people on the internet.

Same things are said in Europe too to be honest....

I wasn't having a go at you either, just I've been on a forum where recent action has been seen against 7 forum posters.

It's generally accepted that the word retard or creep say among others is a Hyperbole, and although not meant to be taken literally it sometimes is. Though no successful defamation action has arised from saying such words. So you're safe there - it's just not very nice

Often though if you're posting about a high ranking company official, you may find they try to bully you with legal action into making a 'public apology'

Around the Network

Surprise, surprise, a familiar face with familiar problems...

Guys it's best to ignore the 28 year old with multiple degrees. He will curse, insult, argue, get vulgar, and not listen to the mods. In the end no one wins. On topic now. I think the answer may surprise people.

Pooper is right. It will be surprising to many fans when the Xbox 720 launches of the back of the 360 defeating PS3:)

Props to pooper.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Pooper is right. It will be surprising to many fans when the Xbox 720 launches of the back of the 360 defeating PS3:)

Props to pooper.

So you admit that that the 360 will be unable to sustain it's lead over the ps3 on it's own? :P

makingmusic476 said:
starcraft said:

Props to pooper.

So you admit that that the 360 will be unable to sustain it's lead over the ps3 on it's own? :P

Er, I cannot see where I said that either directly or indirectly.  I said that the Xbox 720 will almost certainly launch with the Xbox 360 still in front of the PS3.  Perhaps sometime after the 720 (and the PS4 that will be out no later than 6 yrs after the PS3's launch) the PS3 will overtake the 360, but the lead won't be significant enough to gain any exclusive developer support (especially given the Wii will likely be 50 million consoles in front by then).  Given developer support is the only reason reasonable people care about the console wars, I'd say the point is fairly moot.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
makingmusic476 said:
starcraft said:

Props to pooper.

Er, I cannot see where I said that either directly or indirectly. I said that the Xbox 720 will almost certainly launch with the Xbox 360 still in front of the PS3. Perhaps sometime after the 720 (and the PS4 that will be out no later than 6 yrs after the PS3's launch) the PS3 will overtake the 360, but the lead won't be significant enough to gain any exclusive developer support (especially given the Wii will likely be 50 million consoles in front by then). Given developer support is the only reason reasonable people care about the console wars, I'd say the point is fairly moot.

Ah, I took your statement to mean that the 360 would be unable to "defeat" the ps3 (i.e. have higher total sales in the end), so the 720 would have to come along to finish it.

I love how much these "console wars" make us read into things that aren't there. ^^ 

People peg me as a fanboy for the 360, but while im a fan of it, im really not a fanboy. I want to see all three of the consoles do well and be as close as possible.

My best case scenario for this generation:

Wii comes close to being caught by both HD consoles, which finish up with almost equal levels of sales to eachother.

Now THAT would generate competition that breeds price-drops and good games.

starcraft said:
People peg me as a fanboy for the 360, but while im a fan of it, im really not a fanboy. I want to see all three of the consoles do well and be as close as possible.

Wii comes close to being caught by both HD consoles, which finish up with almost equal levels of sales to eachother.

Sadly, that will never happen.  The Wii will far surpass ps2 sales.

However, that's not necessarily a bad thing.  The market will greatly expand this generation, and even the worst selling console should outsell the N64, imo.  By the end of this generation, developers should be able to sell pretty well on whichever platform they choose, provided they actually make a good game.

starcraft said:

you say wii will be close to being caught by ps3 and 360.

but you dont give ur prediction for 360 and ps3 surpassing eachother? 

wii wont even come close to PS2 sales, it wont even break 100 mill.

Nintendo know that them selfs, if they believed wii to be a long term console with such huge sales they would have met demand. But they are smart enough not to blow billions on new manufacturing plants when high sales will be short lived.