By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - On behalf of all The Order 1886 haters, I'd like to thank the PlayStation community for their commitment

Which side are you on?

It's a $60 game. 158 34.80%

Don't like PlayStation, hope it dies. 63 13.88%

I love poking the bears. 23 5.07%

I am a mod. Sigh... 10 2.20%

I am a neutral observer. 147 32.38%

Scoreboard 53 11.67%

Total:454

Every time I read stuff from fanboys, it just makes me wonder what they're doing with their life. Anyway I hope The Order will end up being a good game.

Around the Network
DannyDanger89 said:

No other game has ever gotten "Do not pre-order" articles... 

Every game should be getting "do not pre-order" articles. Preordering is stupid all of the time, but especially with a new IP.

JinxRake said:
Don't we get this little run around with every console exclusive?

Nope, compare to TLOU, Sunset Overdrive or Zelda. The agitation around The Order is way more heated.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

kowenicki said:
The IGN headline is amusing....

"why we love the orders length"

Saucy.

"Why the size isn't really matters" ))

Mnementh said:
JinxRake said:

Nope, compare to TLOU, Sunset Overdrive or Zelda. The agitation around The Order is way more heated.

TLOU was close, many of the same comments actually.

- Too Short

- Too Many QTE

- Cinematic Experiance LOLZ

Then you can add a few others

- Just another lame zombie game

- Naughty Dog is stealing Ellen Page's likeness

TLOU shut people up REALLY fast though when it was 9s and 10s across the board (cept Polygon)

The difference is with the Order- Its not going to be as good as TLOU very few games have ever, and the haters feel they have a high chance of being right and they just feed off each other.

Honestly, people look at Devs as these big evil corporate bloodsucking leaches. And some are, but not all. Many devs see their work as art, and it is. Many of these haters dont have even close the talent to even work at a Studio like RAD. If they thought for a second that mabye these people who worked on this game for a nice chunk of their lives dont want their work to be shat all over they would be at least civil in their criticisms.

Lets say that it does get like a 65 meta. Thats not good. But its not bad enough that to rub it all in their faces. Even if the order does suck they clearly got somethings right (like the game engine) and they have the foundation to do better. Leave your comment, recommend changes and move on.

This goes for both sides. Yes their may be some fat cat getting rich on this but there are hundreds of people doing this just to put food on the table for their families. Attack the management if anything.... eh this just bugs me.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
Mnementh said:
JinxRake said:

[...]

The difference is with the Order- Its not going to be as good as TLOU very few games have ever, and the haters feel they have a high chance of being right and they just feed off each other.

[...]

So, the outrage about TLOU isn't close to the one about The Order? Your post is disagreeing with itself.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
Mnementh said:
JinxRake said:

[...]

[...]

So, the outrage about TLOU isn't close to the one about The Order? Your post is disagreeing with itself.

um. No. TLOU had a VERY late embargo also so the reviews shut them up quickly upon launch. My point was only the biggest idiots were saying TLOU sucked after the scores came in, but up until the scores were coming in the hate was spewing, so up to about 24h before launch.

psn- tokila

Ka-pi96 said:

Preordring is the best thing ever! I preorder pretty much every game, why wouldn't I want it as soon as possible?

You don't need to pre order a game to get it as early as possible.

Ka-pi96 said:
spemanig said:
DannyDanger89 said:

No other game has ever gotten "Do not pre-order" articles... 

Every game should be getting "do not pre-order" articles. Preordering is stupid all of the time, but especially with a new IP.

Preordring is the best thing ever! I preorder pretty much every game, why wouldn't I want it as soon as possible?

this. and at least GS lets you switch preorders. So if all of the reviews say 4/10 do not buy you can go in tomorrow and move your preorder to another game. I did this with AC Unity switched it right over to DA:I.

psn- tokila

Ka-pi96 said:

Yeah you do. You can't get games a day before release if you don't preorder.

My roommate got the game two days ago and didn't preorder it.