By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony still confirms that The Last Guardian is in development.

TruckOSaurus said:
At this point, I'm treating this like a hostage situation:

"If The Last Guardian is still alive, I'm gonna need proof, a screenshot, a trailer, something. Give me this and we'll talk about handing over my hype".

Do you think if it exists, it still will be a good game? Usually when something takes forever it can have problems. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Why can't they just admit that it has been cancelled already?

Because it have not. It's got a new name though.

I didn't really get that from the article. It seems they just forgot to renew the trademark.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
BraLoD said:

Because it have not. It's got a new name though.

I didn't really get that from the article. It seems they just forgot to renew the trademark.

You wouldn't get that from the article, but you would get that from someone who's actually in the know.  Someone maybe, from these here forums, who's not only been part of teams presenting for Sony, but consistently gives inside info.

Rafie said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Why would the game being mediocre cause a migration of fans from Sony to others? Neither Ico or SOTC managet to reach even two million units sold (not even the PS3 combined edition), this games are really niche.

For the simple fact that this game has been hyped more than any game in recent history that's been announced. Yet we have nothing on it, but a "we're still working on it" quote.  If the game is better than medicore for all of the development time it spent, then rest assured we will be seeing some fans migratiing.

Sales have nothing to do with what I'm stating here. Also SOTC and Ico were in a different market back then. The market has changed since then. Still you're correct that it's a niche title. Just saying here that Sony will lose trust of the fans that have been waiting on this game for years if it's not phenomenal!

hasn't been hyped by Sony.  It has 50,000 preorders and they only mention it when directly asked and then all they say is that it's in development.  Yeah so much hype.  They never said it would be perfect.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

If this game will ever come out, it must be something special and a masterpiece, at least !

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
Rafie said:

For the simple fact that this game has been hyped more than any game in recent history that's been announced. Yet we have nothing on it, but a "we're still working on it" quote.  If the game is better than medicore for all of the development time it spent, then rest assured we will be seeing some fans migratiing.

Sales have nothing to do with what I'm stating here. Also SOTC and Ico were in a different market back then. The market has changed since then. Still you're correct that it's a niche title. Just saying here that Sony will lose trust of the fans that have been waiting on this game for years if it's not phenomenal!

hasn't been hyped by Sony.  It has 50,000 preorders and they only mention it when directly asked and then all they say is that it's in development.  Yeah so much hype.  They never said it would be perfect.

Didn't say it was hyped by Sony. It was more hyped by the fans. Which turned into an epidemic of hypness for the game in turn. Also no one is saying the game has to be perfect. However, when you take THIS long to release a game that was suppose to be released years ago, then of course fans are going to ask question about the game. Which is why they answer. So again, Team Ico better bring it for making the fans wait so long. It's slowly creeping in that "does it exist" type of deal with Half Life 3 and others.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Isn't this turning into a bad joke?

mornelithe said:
TruckOSaurus said:

You wouldn't get that from the article, but you would get that from someone who's actually in the know.  Someone maybe, from these here forums, who's not only been part of teams presenting for Sony, but consistently gives inside info.

I didn't know we had that.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
mornelithe said:

I didn't know we had that.

We do.

Maybe they found a second guardian and had to drop the original name.

:O