By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony still confirms that The Last Guardian is in development.

Got the news from Gamespot.

The Last Guardian's trademark in the US has been abandoned, but it appears this was due to an administrative error at PlayStation America, as Sony has confirmed to GameSpot that the project is still in development.

According to documentation on the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the group sent Sony a notice in July last year, informing that the trademark needed to be extended.

Although Sony has, since 2013, habitually extended the game's trademark, it made no action following the most recent request. As such, the trademark was cancelled.

However, amid speculation surrounding what this means for the protracted and troubled project, Sony has told GameSpot that it "can confirm that the Last Guardian is still in development".

The Last Guardian has now been in development for more than half a decade after being formally announced in 2009, though director Fumito Ueda said his creative contribution to the project was completed a "long time ago."

The most recent news surrounding The Last Guardian was revealed in December last year, when Ueda said in an interview that the game was moving forward under "completely new conditions."

It's possible Ueda was referring to the game transitioning from PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4. The Last Guardian was initially announced back in 2009 as a PS3 title, though Sony has dodged questions about platforms ever since.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

Man, I'd like to work at Team Ico. I would basically do nothing and Sony would have my back in case anything happens.

Maybe they finished the game for PS3 and thought about redoing everything just so they could release it on the PS4.

Just tell me when it is done. Tired of meaningless "updates" on this title.

Sunstrider said:
Maybe they finished the game for PS3 and thought about redoing everything just so they could release it on the PS4.

There is a 0% chance that that happened

Around the Network
heyjew said:
Sunstrider said:

There is a 0% chance that that happened

Why is that?

Sadly, I lost all interest in this.

So they are lying lol

If the game has a different name then NOT the Last Guardian is in development but something else.

Lets call it the "most delayed Sony game ever" for lack of better title.

So they are lying lol

If the game has a different name then NOT the Last Guardian is in development but something else.

Lets call it the "most delayed Sony game ever" for lack of better title.

Well or "The lost guardian"

Thank you xD I would be pretty upset if it wasnt