By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony still confirms that The Last Guardian is in development.

Rafie said:
Just like I said in the other thread. Sony wouldn't keep reassuring fans that they are still working on it and turn around and abandon it. Glad to see it's still ongoing. They need to finish already though.

yea, I had hoped they shifted development (after clearly not being able to realise their vision for this game on PS3) early enough to release in PS4s 1st year, now as it wasn't even reintroduced in 2014 it looks more probable that it's going to be a 2016 or 2017 title ..

well, hopefully it turns out to be a great game whenever they decide it's ready to be released

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
Rafie said:
Just like I said in the other thread. Sony wouldn't keep reassuring fans that they are still working on it and turn around and abandon it. Glad to see it's still ongoing. They need to finish already though.

yea, I had hoped they shifted development (after clearly not being able to realise their vision for this game on PS3) early enough to release in PS4s 1st year, now as it wasn't even reintroduced in 2014 it looks more probable that it's going to be a 2016 or 2017 title ..

well, hopefully it turns out to be a great game whenever they decide it's ready to be released

Oh yeah most certainly a 2016-17 title, if that! LOL The Last Guardian has been on the butt end of everyone's jokes lately for upcoming games. It's like with they hype it had and all of "we're still working on it" comments, Team Ico better bring it with this game. I mean it has to blow people away or it will be shunned. It can't be mediocre in the least or it will be deemed as a failure. Worse over, Sony could lose most of their fanbase to Microsoft or Nintendo with this. Soooo a lot is riding on this game.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
Lafiel said:
Rafie said:

Oh yeah most certainly a 2016-17 title, if that! LOL The Last Guardian has been on the butt end of everyone's jokes lately for upcoming games. It's like with they hype it had and all of "we're still working on it" comments, Team Ico better bring it with this game. I mean it has to blow people away or it will be shunned. It can't be mediocre in the least or it will be deemed as a failure. Worse over, Sony could lose most of their fanbase to Microsoft or Nintendo with this. Soooo a lot is riding on this game.

Why would the game being mediocre cause a migration of fans from Sony to others? Neither Ico or SOTC managet to reach even two million units sold (not even the PS3 combined edition), this games are really niche.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I don't understand why some people think they're actively lying. Does anyone believe that TLG (or whatever they call it) is such a hotly anticipated title that Sony wouldn't dare to reveal it had been canceled? If that was the case wouldn't they be developing it anyway, given all the money such an anticipated title would make? :p

I'd guess what happened is TLG started with a relatively small team on the PS3 (i think SotC started with 35 people?), development was then paused/delayed for whatever reason, and then later moved to the PS4.

Rafie said:
Lafiel said:
Rafie said:

haha no, I think you are waay overstating the importance of the game - if they canceled Uncharted 4, released Bloodborne as an unplayable mess and GT7 with very little content while asking a lot for day 1/on disk dlc then Sony could lose a sizeable amount of it's fanbase, especially if Quantum Break, Scalebound, Halo5 and more surprise games turn out to superb and release very soon (I feel there is less overlap in interest with the Nintendo fanbase)

sure a possible botched TLG will be used as ammunition in a few forum fights, but hardly anyone would take notice

Around the Network

They have to change the title of the game. The Last Guardian already has a bad aura over it, with people being worn out waiting for it for so long.

Lafiel said:
Rafie said:

haha no, I think you are waay overstating the importance of the game - if they canceled Uncharted 4, released Bloodborne as an unplayable mess and GT7 with very little content while asking a lot for day 1/on disk dlc then Sony could lose a sizeable amount of it's fanbase, especially if Quantum Break, Scalebound, Halo5 and more surprise games turn out to superb and release very soon (I feel there is less overlap in interest with the Nintendo fanbase)

sure a possible botched TLG will be used as ammunition in a few forum fights, but hardly anyone would take notice

I think you're missing what I'm implying here. This game alone has generated hype, then it died down as it got pushed back. Although some people don't care for the game, a lot of folks do. The fact that THEE only upcoming PlayStation game that has been announced to death and still no coverage is speaking to Team Ico's credibility. Since this is one of Sony's studios, their name is on it. If this "over-hyped" game doesn't deliver on stellar proportions, then yes it could spell SOME doom for Sony.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

I don't even know why people are still interested in this game.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Darwinianevolution said:

Why would the game being mediocre cause a migration of fans from Sony to others? Neither Ico or SOTC managet to reach even two million units sold (not even the PS3 combined edition), this games are really niche.

For the simple fact that this game has been hyped more than any game in recent history that's been announced. Yet we have nothing on it, but a "we're still working on it" quote.  If the game is better than medicore for all of the development time it spent, then rest assured we will be seeing some fans migratiing.

Sales have nothing to do with what I'm stating here. Also SOTC and Ico were in a different market back then. The market has changed since then. Still you're correct that it's a niche title. Just saying here that Sony will lose trust of the fans that have been waiting on this game for years if it's not phenomenal!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

At this point, I'm treating this like a hostage situation:

"If The Last Guardian is still alive, I'm gonna need proof, a screenshot, a trailer, something. Give me this and we'll talk about handing over my hype".

Signature goes here!