By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has a fanbase ever ruined something for you?

The Nintendo fanbase has definitely put me off with their constant white knighting and dismissiveness. Wake up. Nintendo(or any gaming company for that matter) doesn't give a damn about you. You're just a dollar sign to them.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

Nope. I don't let others get in the way of what I like. In singled player games....how would they? By saying negative things about it? Doesn't affect me. I don't need others to like things I like to make them enjoyable. In multiplayer games I always play with my clan and other friends, so no annoying chatter of children or assholes to disturb me.

-Airsoft
-Warhammer
-Sci Fi in general
-Gaming

All been trashed by the stereotypical fan.

GamerGater crazies ruin gaming pretty intensely.

Fans can make me jaded about things, but usually never to point where I'll dislike something that I would have enjoyed otherwise.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

The Final Fantasy community has been an embarrassment to the series in my opinion. It's no secret that Square-Enix hasn't made the best business decisions over the years but the community is far worse. Take for example how people are acting with Type-0. They wanted it on Vita and once it was announced to come over (not on Vita for perfectly reasonable reasons) people have been doing nothing but shitting on it. It's not worth $60, it's just a PSP game, etc.

That's a generalization as everyone isn't that way but a sizable portion is.

It's like that with a lot of topics within FF and it makes me ashamed to be a fan. Just read any topic on FF13.

Rayman leak. Need I say more?

Whenever something gets way too mainstream and the fanbase becomes ridiculously big, like with TLoU, I begin to like it less for some reason...

No. I don't let people's actions determine my feelings towards something related to those actions. For example, I don't hate Smash Bros. Melee just because those dumbasses at Apex were acting like man-children over it.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

RolStoppable said:
alternine said:

The Nintendo fanbase has definitely put me off with their constant white knighting and dismissiveness. Wake up. Nintendo(or any gaming company for that matter) doesn't give a damn about you. You're just a dollar sign to them.

Do you intentionally make things easy for me or do you just stumble through threads?

Just a few days ago you took issue with one of my posts where I said that Sony isn't awesome. Why would that bother you when you are just a dollar sign to them anyway?

I wouldn't expect a reply. Run-and-gunning is common when it comes to posts like that. Sweeping generalizations can never be defended.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread