By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has a fanbase ever ruined something for you?

Big parts of this forum.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Yes.

Sanic. Though the Adventure games are the only thing I care about, the fanbase killed off any remaining interest I could've ever had in the franchise ever again...

...'till SA3 comes out. #BELIEVE

I'm now filled with determination.

PwerlvlAmy said:
Fan bases and console loyalty has killed the social aspect of gaming for me

Sony fan base(the pro die hards) are very annoying. It's hard to enjoy or have a good conversation with them. It's as annoying as the people who use ''I am batman'' for anything Batman vs -insert person here- on who would win debates.

Then Nintendo fan base annoys me(the pro die hards). This is because Nintendo could tell them they just skinned their cat alive and they'd still find some way to condone it and say its ok because its Nintendo.

I guess I could just say complete fan loyalty(the live or die for the company type people) in general annoys me about the gaming community in general today. People wave the flags of a specific company,while talking down on other companies because it makes them feel ''accepted'' or ''cool'' like they're apart of a frat or something. When In actuality all 3 companies have something good to offer to consumers.

The people above ruin the fun of gaming for me. I feel they're a minority,but the minority is the most vocal.

Couldn't have said it better myself good sir!

bigjon said:
ExplodingBlock said:

The Melee Fags that claim every other Smash Bros sucks and Melee is their Lord and Savior

I love Melee, but these kinda people ruin it for me

Melee was the best. I never tired of it. Brawl was too slow and I tired of it incredibly fast.

Was. Yes. I'm glad we are on the same page.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network

playstation fanboys made me hate the ps4. then i realized that they were just fanboys, so i like the ps4 now :p

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

"Has a fanbase ever ruined something for you?"

No, I am not a hipster. I do not lose interest in things just because they are popular. If I am a fan of something, it is because that something stands on its own merits and has earned my appreciation. The actions of individuals within its particular fandom is entirely separate from what they are fans of.

Yes, Sony fans ruined my life when they supported Playstation and made my beloved Sega leave the hardware business.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

GTA Online's community is fucking shit, especially in GTA Races. I challenge everyone with the PS4 or XB1 version to start the race 'At the Races', play with a bunch of random people and see if you can find a lobby without someone getting out of their vehicle as soon as the race starts and them just doing nothing but killing people the whole damn race.
I seriously haven't found a GTA Race on At the Races yet without someone doing this shit.

Redgrave said:

As an old school Nintendo fan, it seems that you can't say anything even slightly negative about anything Nintendo online nowadays without an angry army attacking you...

...Yeah, Nintendo fans are pretty embarrassing with how defensive they can get. I don't like to associate with them too much. The Sonic fanbase is pretty embarrassing too, from what I hear. How can any even defend Sonic Boom.... -_-;

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread