By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has a fanbase ever ruined something for you?

sethnintendo said:
Redgrave said:
sethnintendo said:
I'll accept the term standoffish but you must ask for forgiveness for using the word hipster.

Seth, my love, my king, forgive me.

But in all fairness, it was the only word I could think of to describe the majority of them, it's as if they go out of their way to chop others down, like they know more. Not all Nintendo fans are like that, this site has a lot of great Nintendo fans, it's just I've found that the majority are.

I tend to come off as an asshole when responding to ignorant comments on this site.  I understand what you are talking about.  Jerk might be more kind than using asshole.  Some might use the phrase stuck up asshole when describing my gaming taste.  I tend to look down on a lot of gamers.

I think everyone has that inner smugness, though some people go over-the-top with it. I think it comes down to being defensive over the things you like and not wanting them to be taken away in a sense.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with being an "asshole" to ignorant people.

Around the Network

No. I mean it is strange when something you like becomes main stream like Song of Ice and Fire suddenly rocketing up in cultural zeitgeist thanks to HBO and the show adaptation. Especially when they latch onto something like "Khalessi!" as some meme that you never put any stock in the book.

I don't mind, just happy others discover and love something I do.

i used to game a lot on PC back in the days and i enjoyed it quite a lot (specially for the RTS games that werent on consoles), and right now im starting to hate the platform thanks to the Elitists Assholes self proclaimed "master race" who belive they are better than other gamers because they game on a PC...

Foolish people are found in every fanbase, which is why we have Nintendo fans asking for voice acting in The Legend of Zelda, Sony fans expecting home console experiences on a handheld and Microsoft fans supporting Xbox. For this reason you can never expect a fanbase to accurately represent the company that they follow, which is why I never let forum posts or youtube comments signed by fans of any company cloud my judgement.

Thankfully I don't think I've ever been a fan of anything ...

Around the Network

Apple, PewDiePie, and Atheism (if that counts) are the only ones I can think of.

Fan bases and console loyalty has killed the social aspect of gaming for me

Sony fan base(the pro die hards) are very annoying. It's hard to enjoy or have a good conversation with them. It's as annoying as the people who use ''I am batman'' for anything Batman vs -insert person here- on who would win debates.

Then Nintendo fan base annoys me(the pro die hards). This is because Nintendo could tell them they just skinned their cat alive and they'd still find some way to condone it and say its ok because its Nintendo.

I guess I could just say complete fan loyalty(the live or die for the company type people) in general annoys me about the gaming community in general today. People wave the flags of a specific company,while talking down on other companies because it makes them feel ''accepted'' or ''cool'' like they're apart of a frat or something. When In actuality all 3 companies have something good to offer to consumers.

The people above ruin the fun of gaming for me. I feel they're a minority,but the minority is the most vocal.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Final Fantasy fans. I love FFX/FF3 (DS/PSP) but if I ever bring that up to any hardcore FF fan they'll say they suck and to play FF6/7/9 and it'll change my opinion... it didn't. I mostly hate 6/7/9 fans, and I don't want to because I love all FF games, but my god, they'll shit on your opinion any chance they get :P

I find myself rooting for the Xbox One more often recently because of the fact that I don't like how some PS4 owners act.

As other people have pointed out, a lot of them think that because the PS4 is the most powerful console this time that it won't ever be beaten. I've even seen some people in other forums go as far as to say that PS4 is "first class" in gaming. Not only is that really nasty to read, but it's also factually wrong considering if there was a "First-Class" in gaming it would be PC.

Posts like that really are just cringe worthy to me and it makes me want Xbox to win NPD just to see how some of them will react sometimes. (Once again, I don't think i've seen anyone on VGChartz do it, but in other places I have).

A lot of the people that make Ubisoft comments also have no idea what they're talking about as well. Ever since Unity people have been throwing dumb remarks about them even though they did nothing wrong. As I said in another thread, Unity was not a broken game. It just had a sloppy framerate, but most people would want you to believe it was broken. It's completely over exaggerated. I've seen some people go as far as to try and say that every game Ubisoft puts out is bad now ever since Unity. Ok, so because Ubisoft releases one game that had a poor framerare (which was playable, but they fixed it anyway) now all of their games are apparently bad?

It's just a lot of people making dumb remarks that make no sense because they want to jump on the Ubisoft hate bandwagon.

estebxx said:
i used to game a lot on PC back in the days and i enjoyed it quite a lot (specially for the RTS games that werent on consoles), and right now im starting to hate the platform thanks to the Elitists Assholes self proclaimed "master race" who belive they are better than other gamers because they game on a PC..

This