By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Law and Order did this cringeworthy episode about gaming.

Learn the difference you sick bastards reality and videogames are two different things.

Except for my games, you really get good at cooking by playing my games.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Lafiel said:
yea, this stuff happens like at every game convention, it is known

------------------

The issue was oversimplified to the point of being totally ridiculous. The ending with "Women in gaming... what was I thinking..." was the worst part of it all.

I dunno, the part where they said 'gamers consider developers to be gods' was pretty bad as well...

you mean like "naughty gods"?

All these gamer terrorist are realy a problem...

Oh boy... that was wrong and unaccurate in many levels. Yes, nerds go out of their way to corner and beat up women on bathrooms. That is totally what happens.

For the accurate... they will probably talk and feel dumb/drool because they would love her atention and she would proceed to ignore them. That ladies and gentleman is reality.

Yeah.... Juding by the posts here I think I will skip this wonderful episode of Law and Order!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I decided to watch the video out of morbid curiosity...

Is this how people interpret the average gamer? Or just how Anita Sarkeesian interprets gamers?

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

Sentient_Nebula said:

Is this how people interpret the average gamer? Or just how Anita Sarkeesian interprets gamers?

In all honesty? This is how Kotaku and a bunch of other sites painted gamers during the "Gamergate" rise. This is the narrative those sites painted gamers. Now Law and Order used that narrative to paint a picture. This is why I think this episode is brillant and makes fun of both of sides so well. 

I dislike Gamergate by the way, because a part of it was sexism at times (people use movements for agendas), was it this extreme, nope. 

Acevil said:
Sentient_Nebula said:

In all honesty? This is how Kotaku and a bunch of other sites painted gamers during the "Gamergate" rise. This is the narrative those sites painted gamers. Now Law and Order used that narrative to paint a picture. This is why I think this episode is brillant and makes fun of both of sides so well. 

I dislike Gamergate by the way, because a part of it was sexism at times (people use movements for agendas), was it this extreme, nope. 

And now a number of those sites are calling fowl.  It's hilarious.  It has never been so obvious that they're in it for the clicks.  

This reminds me of that terrible film "Noobz" with a Law and Order: SVU coat of paint

Do not see this film, it is awful.

RCTjunkie said:

Then again ot did go downhill since Stabler left.

I don't want to talk about it.

@OP

No matter how bad it gets, we'll always have Special Letters Unit to cheer us up.