By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Law and Order did this cringeworthy episode about gaming.

I saw it....but a more literal term would be I heard it as my palm was blocking my face for the majority of the episode

Around the Network

every episode of law and order is cringe worthy. ..except for this one. this one was pretty accurate.

kitler53 said:
every episode of law and order is cringe worthy. ..except for this one. this one was pretty accurate.

Someone in the comments summed it up perfectly "Without a blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of extremism or fundamentalism that someone won't mistake for the real thing."

Oh God, dat script, them puns. Torture!

I laughed so hard at the end when the terrorist said using guns in real life is actually like a game and it suddenly cut to his FPS perspective.

Lafiel said:
yea, this stuff happens like at every game convention, it is known

------------------

The issue was oversimplified to the point of being totally ridiculous. The ending with "Women in gaming... what was I thinking..." was the worst part of it all.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

What the fuck...This is like when Bones did that episode on metal bands...the pain...it's actually pretty offensive...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I made a thread about this a week or so ago with zero replies. :(

But yeah it seems like SVU didn't even try. They are usually on top of it. Then again ot did go downhill since Stabler left.

The initial themes of "men and video games are evil, hail Satan" were somewhat unsurprising, but i wasn't expecting them to go full on terrorist. Honestly, i'm beyond the point of being bothered by it. Anyone small minded enough to be drastically influenced by such a silly TV episode likely already think gaming is the epitome of evil.

I did chuckle at the crowd cheering at footage of that Amazonian game though. I don't care how much better Kotaku says it is than Civ 5 with the Brand New World expansion pack, a game that dated looking would be nailed to a post here :p

Ka-pi96 said:

I dunno, the part where they said 'gamers consider developers to be gods' was pretty bad as well...

Yeah, the way they pluralized 'developer' was pretty silly. Everyone knows there is only one god. The Naughty God :p

"What did they do to you?"
"They levelled up."

LOL! Oh dear God that is so beautifully BAD.

The PS5 Exists.