By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Evolve Launches With $136+ Worth of DLC

Aeolus451 said:
The Fury said:

I'd say those are fine. They aren't you missing out on content, just paying to progress quicker. You can still get all the content by playing the game, no?

Of course this is in the knowledge that they are essentially what used to be cheats back in the day. Skins are what use to be unlockables. :P

DLC sucks, might be a reason why I never buy any.

I just don't like the fact they aren't really earning their progression in the game and that the game dev/pub is selling that to players. I buy some DLC like expansion packs or sometimes cosmetic stuff.

Personally i think playing a game just unlock certain things is a waste of time. If a game has good singleplayer and you unlock everything in one playthrough it's fine but sometimes you have to replay or keep playing to unlock things. Especially if a game is mainly about the multiplayer.

In fact unlock DLC is the only DLC i ever bought. For example i bought Sports Champions for local multiplayer and then i discovered i hade to play many hours of singleplayer just unlock certain levels and characters for multiplayer. So i bought the unlock DLC for like 3 bucks, the hours of time i saved with that are way more valuable to me than 3 bucks.

And i will never buy any content DLC unless i really have the feeling it's conent that they probably couldn't have implemented in the original release. I'm not going to support the habbit from developers to withhold content from a game and try to make more money of it later. In fact in light of the massive amount of day one DLC for Evolve i have decided not to buy the game, and maybe pick up a used copy later.

Around the Network

Well, I was thinking about getting it, but now I have made my decision.
Really embarrassing...

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

They're gonna buy anyway....

My god....

The Last of Us has weapons behind a paywall and you people complain about cosmetics.

Disgusting.

Every year the video game industry sinks lower and lower. Microtransactions, day 1 DLC, games releasing borderline unplayable and needing extensive patching just to work properly...

Back in 2013, gamers gave me hope when they rose against the Xbox One's DRM policies, but nowadays it seems we're fine with being bled dry.

Around the Network

I can't believe anyone would buy launch DLC.....

next will be the balancing. overpowered dlc monster and hunter will kill the game...

iceboy151 said:
The Last of Us has weapons behind a paywall and you people complain about cosmetics.

This isn't true is it? Never got to play TLoU MP.

KLAMarine said:
iceboy151 said:

This isn't true is it? Never got to play TLoU MP.

Yes. I read a thread from here or GAF where people felt like it broke the game.

As someone on NeoGAF pointed out, it's way below $136. There's individual skins, and skin packs which contain multiple skins at a lower price. You'd reach the $136 price if you buy every individual skin and every skin pack, which would mean you'd be buying some skins twice. If you only buy the packs you'd pay about $61. Still ridiculously high, especially for a game which just launched, but nowhere near $136.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=990617