By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR: Disney may be acquiring Sony?

I know there is a thread discussing the spidey deal between Sony and Marvel/Disney.

I was reading the below link to an article the THR website.  At the end of the article, they dropped an interesting bit of info.  

"One knowledgeable source sees the move as a first step to Marvel re-acquiring the rights to Spider-Man down the road, while another believes Disney is positioning itself to acquire Sony should it ever become available"

Source : http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvel-deal-sony-opts-lease-772251

My first thought would be that they would only be interested in the Sony movie/music side of things, but you never know...

What if Disney bought Sony????

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

Erm ... NO.

The PS5 Exists. 

We'll get Uncharted animated series in Disney XD.

Sounds good to me.

I would think Sony Pictures, not Sony the main company.

I better not see let it go be the background music for ps4 or ps5 :P

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

Nah not gonna happen. The word Monopoly should come to mind. Its one of the reasons why Google didn't buy out Twitch Tv.

Nice clickbait title by the way lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Ummm.... Greatness awaits?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I would assume they would gut the company if they did, i just can't see Disney making TV's

A giant being eated by another giant, while the world watches in fear... "shudders"

But I can see Sony Pictures being sold to Disney,if Sony ever needs a lot cash.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Disney would become unstoppable.

Meaning there are laws that would likely stop/discourage it.

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.